• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

C clearly, Juanma, and Peregrina2000 do lunch in Burgos.

peregrina2000

Staff member
@C clearly and I finished the Lana in Burgos on Saturday. On Sunday, @Juanma drove down to meet us at Los Trillos for lunch. It’s a bit out of the center but since we were going to visit the Monasterio de las Huelgas first, it was only about a15 minute walk.

For those of you who are meat eaters, I would highly recommend a trip out here. There are similar places in the center of Burgos, because roast suckling lamb is a specialty here, but this was totally non-touristy, and much less expensive than what you would find in the center. There was also a picture of Martin Sheen and his son in the restaurant, so I guess they know how to find the good places too.

Lots of good camino talk of course. The picture @Juanma paints of the Francés (from his situation in Navarra and the Albergue Maralotx) is one of availability and no crowds or bed rush. Just another reminder that we shouldn’t generalize the panic that the May crunch caused!

I had thought I would only want to walk the Francés again in the winter, as @Bradypus has suggested, but now I’m thinking that a late May start might be just perfect!

Attachments

• 0e6eba14-fc6c-411a-b87e-c91e3f74fb8a.jpeg
    0e6eba14-fc6c-411a-b87e-c91e3f74fb8a.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 4,949
  • IMG_9403.jpeg
    IMG_9403.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_9402.jpeg
    IMG_9402.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 239
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@C clearly and I finished the Lana in Burgos on Saturday. On Sunday, @Juanma drove down to meet us at Los Trillos for lunch. It’s a bit out of the center but since we were going to visit the Monasterio de las Huelgas first, it was only about a15 minute walk.

For those of you who are meat eaters, I would highly recommend a trip out here. There are similar places in the center of Burgos, because roast suckling lamb is a specialty here, but this was totally non-touristy, and much less expensive than what you would find in the center. There was also a picture of Martin Sheen and his son in the restaurant, so I guess they know how to find the good places too.

Lots of good camino talk of course. The picture @Juanma paints of the Francés (from his situation in Navarra and the Albergue Maralotx) is one of availability and no crowds or bed rush. Just another reminder that we shouldn’t generalize the panic that the May crunch caused!

I had thought I would only want to walk the Francés again in the winter, as @Bradypus has suggested, but now I’m thinking that a late May start might be just perfect!
oh yummy ham. Nice pictures!

I know I’d walk a whole Camino Frances again just to stay at Maralotz…❤️

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

One of the nicest places we stayed in in 2005
I will always remember it
we had luxurious corner room with a balcony which I can see in the picture
A wonderful meal and good company
As far as I can remember, it was the first year that a lovely young couple had opened for business

I understand the angst from our vegan friend LTFit but to find a beef steak like that in Portugal would be Nirvanah for me!
Laurie, I hope all is well and healthy with your family.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
One of the nicest places we stayed in in 2005
I will always remember it
we had luxurious corner room with a balcony which I can see in the picture
A wonderful meal and good company
As far as I can remember, it was the first year that a lovely young couple had opened for business
I stayed there in 2017 with three family members and really liked it, too, even without a balcony room. The communal dinner downstairs in the stone wall "cave" room was special and we enjoyed the atmosphere and people we chatted with.

Those who have stayed in Juanma and Paloma’s Albergue Maralotx may remember the church bell that rang every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. Juanma told us that his requests that the church consider whether it was necessary to ring the bell all through the night were received politely but got a negative response.

Then, the bell‘s timer or program had some kind of a malfunction, and for some mysterious reason, when it was repaired, it no longer rang throughout the night!

I know that means that one bit of tradition is being lost, but I think that in the grand scheme of things, there is no real downside here. It surely is a big benefit to pilgrims and any other visitors to Cirauqui who have not learned to live with continuous interruptions of their sleeptime every 15 minutes!

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.