• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camigos in Devon (UK) cafe meeting - Dec 9, 2023

CarolamS

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 VdlP/Sanabres from Salamanca to SdC
Come and chat about anything Camino; share stories, future plans, previous experiences, newbie questions, anything you like, even shoes vs boots. It is a great opportunity to meet other pilgrims in person.

How about December 9th, is anyone interested? We are suggesting the cafe at
St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Sidmouth Road, Clyst St. Mary,
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

It's near the M5 junction and has a car park. They have a Christmas shop too.
I will be there from 10.30 onwards and will bring a shell for the table. Let me know if you feel this is too early. If you can let me know if you might join us it would be helpful but feel free to just turn up.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Come and chat about anything Camino; share stories, future plans, previous experiences, newbie questions, anything you like, even shoes vs boots. It is a great opportunity to meet other pilgrims in person.

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

I will be there from 10.30 onwards and will bring a shell for the table. Let me know if you feel this is too early. If you can let me know if you might join us it would be helpful but feel free to just turn up.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline
Hi Caroline,
I think I posted my reply in the wrong place,because I'm a numpty sometimes.
My reply is down there somewhere.
Kind regards
Steven

Hi Caroline
I would very much like to come along to your meeting.It sounds like a great idea.I live in Seaton which is just down the road.I'm planning my camino for next April,departing SJPDP on St.George's Day...23 April,so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Steven
Hi Steven
I'm very pleased you'll come. I walked the CF from SJPdP to Finisterre this autumn, you'll have a great time I'm sure. Come with any questions however "small" it will be great to chat and try and help.
See you there
Caroline

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline
A great idea . Unfortunately Peterborough is a bit too far from Exeter. Good luck with your meeting.
Regards
Paul

A great idea . Unfortunately Peterborough is a bit too far from Exeter. Good luck with your meeting.
Regards
Paul
Well, the 06:10 from Peterborough should get you into Exeter St David's by 10:10 and cost no more than a flight to Madrid from Luton but hey ;)

If I leave early enough on a Saturday morning I can usually drive to Exeter from Sussex in 3 - 3.5 hrs but add in the drive back and, yes, it's too far.

I've been seriously impressed by the Camigos in Devon. They've kept this together for a few years now. I wish I had the energy to pull something together in the South-East but then there is always the CSJ in London and their excellent Regional Groups https://www.csj.org.uk/Pages/Category/regional-groups

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline
Hi Caroline, wow yes please. My husband and I will do our best to join you on that date. We’re down in Cornwall, so will travel up on the morning of the 9th. I walked the CF last year from SJPdP to Fisterre and my husband joined my in Leon. In Oct we worked at the Pilgrims Office in SJ and had the most amazing time. Look forward to it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Caroline, wow yes please. My husband and I will do our best to join you on that date. We’re down in Cornwall, so will travel up on the morning of the 9th. I walked the CF last year from SJPdP to Fisterre and my husband joined my in Leon. In Oct we worked at the Pilgrims Office in SJ and had the most amazing time. Look forward to it.
Excellent. I'll be really interested to hear about your experiences with the Pilgrim's Office as well as your pilgrimage.
Caroline

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good idea for a new place to meet. We might make it but not sure yet😀
It will be lovely to see you both if you can make it. I clearly remember coming to my first Camigos meeting, just before my first Camino. I felt very reassured and have always been grateful to both of you. You made a difference and it was wonderful. Thank you both.

Thanks for organising this. I hope to be able to come. It would be great to meet up particularly since I have been out of touch with the group since the pandemic. I last walked on the CF in 2018 and am planning to walk again next year but not yet sure which route.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I look forward to seeing you, I think we'll be a jolly group. I'm certainly looking forward to Camino talk.
Caroline

Yay - I will be there! Be great to see some new and old faces!! We accidently cycled some Camino this year (or was it my cunning plan...?!) and it was fantastic to see so many pilgrims stomping along!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Looking forward to meeting up next saturday - lets hope its better weather than today!! 😬💦🌧️☔

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline
Hi Caroline, just checking this is still on for Saturday? Wendy

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

€149,-
Is the meeting still on as I can't seem to see a table with a shell on...its very busy.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wish I was there...couldn't see a table with shell on...had a quick look around...it was busy...didn't want to start poking my nose into people's table.
Oh Steven I'm so sorry you didn't spot us. We were 5 people sat at a round table in the window area, almost opposite the cafe entrance. There was a blue and yellow painted shell on the table but it became surrounded with cups and plates. I had on a Casa Ivar badge with a yellow arrow too. We chatted for about 2 hours and were hoping to meet you.

I will try and organise another meeting in February. Hopefully we can meet then.

Thank you @Snowflake5090 @daisy and @hecate105 It was great to Camino chat. Hopefully see you next year too.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh Steven I'm so sorry you didn't spot us. We were 5 people sat at a round table in the window area, almost opposite the cafe entrance. There was a blue and yellow painted shell on the table but it became surrounded with cups and plates. I had on a Casa Ivar badge with a yellow arrow too. We chatted for about 2 hours and were hoping to meet you.

I will try and organise another meeting in February. Hopefully we can meet then.

Thank you @Snowflake5090 @daisy and @hecate105 It was great to Camino chat. Hopefully see you next year too.
No worries...I didn't have to travel far...that would be great if you organised another meeting in February...so meet up then.

Wish I was there...couldn't see a table with shell on...had a quick look around...it was busy...didn't want to start poking my nose into people's table.
I feel for you for you @PFloyd. I almost had the same experience when I showed up at a regular meeting of camigos in Fremantle, a long, long way from where I live. It was a very loud and crowded pub. I had no hope of identifying the group, but one of the people from the forum tentatively recognised me (as I wandered looking lost, no doubt) from my avatar. They then pointed out a camino shell print attatched to the wall above the table, which I hadn't noticed.

Great to see everyone today - old and new! Sorry we missed you Steven - next time!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

St Briget Garden Centre,
Clyst St. Mary
Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AE.

Everyone's welcome
Caroline
Thank you Caroline and Jo, we had a lovely time this morning. It was lovely meeting you all. Buen Camino x

I feel for you for you @PFloyd. I almost had the same experience when I showed up at a regular meeting of camigos in Fremantle, a long, long way from where I live. It was a very loud and crowded pub. I had no hope of identifying the group, but one of the people from the forum tentatively recognised me (as I wandered looking lost, no doubt) from my avatar. They then pointed out a camino shell print attatched to the wall above the table, which I hadn't noticed.
Thank you for your message Peregrinopaul...I guess maybe I didn't look hard enough...I also felt a little self-conscious looking at all the tables...didn't want people to think I was some weirdo...lol...its a shame because I was so looking forward to meeting you all.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Happy Christmas everyone - we were sorry not to make the cafe meeting.
and Happy New Year

We missed you both but did have an enjoyable time. The venue seemed to work well. Maybe you'll be able join us in the Spring.
Very best wishes for Christmas and 2024 to you both and everyone reading this thread.

Happy Solstice, Yule, Christmas and New Year to all Camigos and pilgrims wherever you are!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.