• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino coastal straight from airport

Anne Hull

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2022
Hi,
I am leaving in 3 weeks to do the Camino coastal route and decided to walk straight from the airport to the shore, after seeing a post on this site which explained that you go through a tunnel under the runway. I just noticed that the post is from 2017!
Has anyone done this recently?
If so, would appreciate a detailed explanation on how to actually get to the tunnel. I've looked for a map of the airport but could not find this information.
Is there a sidewalk? How long is the tunnel? How long before it becomes a nice walk :)
Also, I am waiting to hear back from caminofacil as to whether they can pick up our luggage from the actual airport.
Does anyone know?
Thank You

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The only part I know about is there is a metro stop on the way from Porto to the coast route at the airport.

If you check Open Street Map (OSM) you will see that the road is called Rua da Fábrica and it connects either side of the airport by the tunnel. Google Street Maps shows a pavement. It will take about an hour to get to the coast but you are pretty much into the countyside after about 30 mins.

Your alternatives are to go south of the airport on the Avienda Maria Brito (as I did) and go through the suburbs that way.

Or follow the CP Central which is about 2-300m from the Airport on the Rua do Botica. Takes a little longer to get to the coast.

Or take the Metro from the Airport direct to the coast at Matoshinos. The advantage there is that you can get your first sello at the Tourist Information there. There are also some fabulous fish restaurants by the sea there too if you need a good start to your walk.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi,
I am leaving in 3 weeks to do the Camino coastal route and decided to walk straight from the airport to the shore, after seeing a post on this site which explained that you go through a tunnel under the runway. I just noticed that the post is from 2017!
Has anyone done this recently?
If so, would appreciate a detailed explanation on how to actually get to the tunnel. I've looked for a map of the airport but could not find this information.
Is there a sidewalk? How long is the tunnel? How long before it becomes a nice walk :)
Also, I am waiting to hear back from caminofacil as to whether they can pick up our luggage from the actual airport.
Does anyone know?
Thank You
https://www.santiago.nl/downloads/#spanje Hi. If you have maps.me you can then open the above link and download the Portuguese camino and it will appear on your maps.me and you can use it offline. I walked to Labruge from airport and didn't go through any tunnel but I believe you can somewhere which will shorten your route to the coast. Daniel

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back