• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Portuguese Camino

Spiritual Lady

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked half the French in 2014 and would like to walk the whole this year, 2020.
Hi Everyone
Happy New Year.
I am wanting to walk from Porto to Santiago and I wondered hoe much the basic albergue charges per night?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
10-12€ / 15€ incl. breakfast private.
8€ communal / municipal.

July this year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nope.
Was never turned away.
On one occasion I was sleeping on matress instead of a bed, but it was ok (Vila do Conde)

Nope.
Was never turned away.
On one occasion I was sleeping on matress instead of a bed, but it was ok (Vila do Conde)
This is off topic, but Roland did you get any really neat stamps along the way? Also about how many miles did you walk a day, and what was your first stop?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
This is off topic, but Roland did you get any really neat stamps along the way? Also about how many miles did you walk a day, and what was your first stop?
Oh, some very nice ones. Albergue Sao Bento in Seixas and the wax stamp of the Albergue in Miladoiro are the two that stands out.

In total I walked 300km (186mi) in 11 days, so it's 27km (16,8mi) in average. First stop was Vila do Conde after 31km (19,3mi), the Albergue Santa Clara, that was the occasion I slept on a matress in a storage room, because the Albergue was overcrowded and turned many pilgrims away after 4pm. Most did stop in Labruge, a few miles before.

Best experience was "Sleep and go" in Esposende (book ahead, very nice), the Albergue Santo Joao in Viana do Castelo (very impressive Convent), the Albergue in Portela (a real pilgrimwise experience) and the Albergue in Miladoiro, where you find mostly Youth in charge of the Albergue.

If you have further questions, just ask!

Oh, some very nice ones. Albergue Sao Bento in Seixas and the wax stamp of the Albergue in Miladoiro are the two that stands out.

In total I walked 300km (186mi) in 11 days, so it's 27km (16,8mi) in average. First stop was Vila do Conde after 31km (19,3mi), the Albergue Santa Clara, that was the occasion I slept on a matress in a storage room, because the Albergue was overcrowded and turned many pilgrims away after 4pm. Most did stop in Labruge, a few miles before.

Best experience was "Sleep and go" in Esposende (book ahead, very nice), the Albergue Santo Joao in Viana do Castelo (very impressive Convent), the Albergue in Portela (a real pilgrimwise experience) and the Albergue in Miladoiro, where you find mostly Youth in charge of the Albergue.

If you have further questions, just ask!
Happy New Year Roland! Thank you so much for the information! We will be walking the first of September. I will turn 77 in July, but I’m in very good shape and should be able to do 15 miles a day baring any unforeseen issues. Thanks for the kind offer to answer further questions!

Casa do Sardão in Carreço is really nice if you want to have a day with less walking and more chill-in-the-albergue time, with several cozy common areas. The dorms are also quite nice there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back