A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Camino de Madrid de Santiago May/June 2018

KSWard

Camino(s) past & future
Madrid, Frances (May/June2018)
Hola from Camino de Madrid!
I cannot thank the ones who have posted about this Camino enough! There is not a lot of information in English about this walk, and it is beautiful and peaceful!
So thankful for www.rayyrosa.com . We stayed in their beautiful bunkhouse in Manzanares Real and had dinner and breakfast with them. They helped us secure our next night reservations and had so much knowledge of the Caminos. They are such a blessing! Their website has much wonderful information!
I have found many of the members’ blogs and posts helpful in planning our Camino. If any of you are interested in our trip, my husband is doing a blog. He is trying to stay on top of it daily. Here is the link: https://100yearsofglorytogod.blogspot.com/

Buen Camino

Attachments

colinwkay

Scottish Walker
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 08/2012 Camino Via De La Plata June 2013
Hola from Camino de Madrid!
I cannot thank the ones who have posted about this Camino enough! There is not a lot of information in English about this walk, and it is beautiful and peaceful!
So thankful for www.rayyrosa.com . We stayed in their beautiful bunkhouse in Manzanares Real and had dinner and breakfast with them. They helped us secure our next night reservations and had so much knowledge of the Caminos. They are such a blessing! Their website has much wonderful information!
I have found many of the members’ blogs and posts helpful in planning our Camino. If any of you are interested in our trip, my husband is doing a blog. He is trying to stay on top of it daily. Here is the link: https://100yearsofglorytogod.blogspot.com/

Buen Camino
Good morning to you both, I have done several Caminos myself, including the Camino De Francis and Via De La Plata etc.
I am walking the Camino De Madrid starting two weeks today, and flowing in your footsteps as it were.
Thanks to you both for your great Blog, I have been following it with avid interest each day.
Take care and Buen Camino :)

KSWard

Camino(s) past & future
Madrid, Frances (May/June2018)
Good morning to you both, I have done several Caminos myself, including the Camino De Francis and Via De La Plata etc.
I am walking the Camino De Madrid starting two weeks today, and flowing in your footsteps as it were.
Thanks to you both for your great Blog, I have been following it with avid interest each day.
Take care and Buen Camino :)[
Take care and Buen Camino :)
Wonderful! Since this is our first, I have nothing to compare it to, but I think tomorrow I am in for a surprise when we hit Frances

colinwkay

Scottish Walker
Camino(s) past & future
You sure will be ha ha it's a different camino very busy like a machine take care

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
You sure will be ha ha it's a different camino very busy like a machine take care
Hi Colin. What day do you set off? I am planning on walking our of Madrid to before Tres Cantos on Saturday 2nd June, then taking a train back to Madrid. Next day continue as far as Colmenar Viejo. I will be walking with my friend Jenny.

colinwkay

Scottish Walker
Camino(s) past & future
Hi Colin. What day do you set off? I am planning on walking our of Madrid to before Tres Cantos on Saturday 2nd June, then taking a train back to Madrid. Next day continue as far as Colmenar Viejo. I will be walking with my friend Jenny.
I arrive Sunday morning with my daughters we will not have time to walk out of the city am afraid therefore a train firstly then walk to Colmenar Viejo arrive late Sunday afternoon.
We will continue on until Segovia where my daughters need to get a train back to Madrid to return to work I will then walk solo to Camino Frances before I also need to get a train back to Madrid for returning to work

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
We will be in Colmenar on Sunday pm at Hostel Chiscon. We might bump into each other. Look for the short round and tall thin women in their 60's. Haha!

colinwkay

Scottish Walker
Camino(s) past & future
We will be in Colmenar on Sunday pm at Hostel Chiscon. We might bump into each other. Look for the short round and tall thin women in their 60's. Haha!
For sure we will ha ha next stop will be Cercedilla in one of the municipal Albergue Monday afternoon before the big climb over Sierra Guadarrama into Segovia

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
For sure we will ha ha next stop will be Cercedilla in one of the municipal Albergue Monday afternoon before the big climb over Sierra Guadarrama into Segovia
That's a big day!

colinwkay

Scottish Walker
Camino(s) past & future
My daughters haven’t done any walking before ha ha but they are young so am sure will be fine

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
My daughters haven’t done any walking before ha ha but they are young so am sure will be fine
Think about morale building strategies! Us oldies are tougher in general...from my observations...

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%