• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino France - Obtaining Compostela

RichardA

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi All,

I biked walkers path from Leon to Santiago a few weeks back having biked to that point last year.

I have the passport which was stamped accordingly.

Is it possible to send this via post to obtain the compostela? And if so where, and is anything else is required i.e. any fee?

Thanks,

Richard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
All pilgrims asking for a Compostela must appear in person. This said, there is no time limit between when you finish your pilgrimage and when you seek the Compostela.

Volunteering at the Pilgrim Office, I have seen multiple incidents of pilgrims who had to catch a departing flight, bus, or train, return months later to claim their Compostela. The key is the properly completely credential from when you walked or biked your Camino.

The next time you are in Santiago, present yourself with the credential. Explain the circumstances of your having to leave Santiago before being able to obtain the Compostela originally.

I am certain they will issue your Compostela, back-dated to the actual date you arrived. But, do ask up front for the date adjustment. Otherwise, they will issue the Compostela as of that date.

I hope this helps.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum