Camino greenhorn starting May 15, 2017 the CF :-)

Fritzi

Feb 25, 2017
Zurich, Switzerland
Time of past OR future Camino
CF starting May 15, 2017
Hello everybody!

First of all I want to thank you very much for all the effort and heart put into this forum. It was the most reliable and helpful source of my Camino preparation. All questions found an answer (even those I haven't addressed to me yet :) )

I've been introduced to the Camino in my Spanish classes in school at the age of 17/18. Ever since I was playing with the thought to do it myself. 12 years later being stuck in a way too hectic and stressful job I didn't get the permission of my boss to take 5 weeks of vacation - so I quit!

The reason walking the Camino is very personal for me. I am and was always very lucky in life. I have great parents that still support me (even at the age of 30) with all their love they can give, I always got into the privileged schools I wanted to, I went to the university of my dreams, I found the love of my life and we are getting married this August, I had a wonderful job with great colleagues, I am healthy and don't have financial problems.
But there is a lot of "I" involved and now it's time for me to a) give something back and b) take the time to honestly be grateful of what I have, not taking it as granted and start thinking about me and what I can do to enrich other people's life as much as I have been gifted with my beloved ones.

The flight is booked and I'll be arriving in SJPdP on May 14. I will start on Monday, May 15 as I have this stupid thinking that starting on a Monday is easier and more efficient - like beginning a new diet ;D
I am so much looking forward to meet all this incredible people from around the world, with all different perspectives that will stretch my horizon and challenge my own believes. I am very interested to discover all my alter egos and hopefully return as a better version of myself.

Should you be around this time, I am the tall girl with the red backpack answering to the name of Fritzi ;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Fritzi

Feb 25, 2017
Zurich, Switzerland
CF starting May 15, 2017
Thank you all for this lovely welcome, very sweet of you! I am sure I will come with many more questions :)

It is. It avoids the big weekend rush. Keep in mind that there are a lot of French holidays in May, so there may be a lot of French starting at SJPdP. They probably will start Friday through Sunday. Buen camino!

This is a great tip, very good to know!

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
May 13, 2012
Carrying Place (Prince Edward County) Canada
www.facebook.com
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
Buen Camino Fritzi. ..walk with an open mind...see and hear with your open heart...enjoy the pilgrim in you...delight in the company of others....embrace the local people with a smile and cheerful "hola"...slow down and look back at times to celebrate how far you have walked...physically and spiritually. Give thanks at journeys end..and take the Camino home with you. Life will never be the same again. .it will be better.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Wish you one grand Camino, Fritzi :)
I guess you're speaking at least three languages (German, English, Spanish) so communication with other pilgrims and locals alike won't be a problem. Enjoy it to the fullest and report back.

Ultreia!

PS (Beautiful introductory post BTW.)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides