• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino greenhorn starting May 15, 2017 the CF :-)

Fritzi

Time of past OR future Camino
CF starting May 15, 2017
Hello everybody!

First of all I want to thank you very much for all the effort and heart put into this forum. It was the most reliable and helpful source of my Camino preparation. All questions found an answer (even those I haven't addressed to me yet :) )

I've been introduced to the Camino in my Spanish classes in school at the age of 17/18. Ever since I was playing with the thought to do it myself. 12 years later being stuck in a way too hectic and stressful job I didn't get the permission of my boss to take 5 weeks of vacation - so I quit!

The reason walking the Camino is very personal for me. I am and was always very lucky in life. I have great parents that still support me (even at the age of 30) with all their love they can give, I always got into the privileged schools I wanted to, I went to the university of my dreams, I found the love of my life and we are getting married this August, I had a wonderful job with great colleagues, I am healthy and don't have financial problems.
But there is a lot of "I" involved and now it's time for me to a) give something back and b) take the time to honestly be grateful of what I have, not taking it as granted and start thinking about me and what I can do to enrich other people's life as much as I have been gifted with my beloved ones.

The flight is booked and I'll be arriving in SJPdP on May 14. I will start on Monday, May 15 as I have this stupid thinking that starting on a Monday is easier and more efficient - like beginning a new diet ;D
I am so much looking forward to meet all this incredible people from around the world, with all different perspectives that will stretch my horizon and challenge my own believes. I am very interested to discover all my alter egos and hopefully return as a better version of myself.

Should you be around this time, I am the tall girl with the red backpack answering to the name of Fritzi ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gee I wish I were going the same time as you. I am not going until September. I love your post and I think it is awesome you are making the time to make the trip. Much luck....please keep us posted on your adventures.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you all for this lovely welcome, very sweet of you! I am sure I will come with many more questions :)

It is. It avoids the big weekend rush. Keep in mind that there are a lot of French holidays in May, so there may be a lot of French starting at SJPdP. They probably will start Friday through Sunday. Buen camino!

This is a great tip, very good to know!

Buen Camino Fritzi. ..walk with an open mind...see and hear with your open heart...enjoy the pilgrim in you...delight in the company of others....embrace the local people with a smile and cheerful "hola"...slow down and look back at times to celebrate how far you have walked...physically and spiritually. Give thanks at journeys end..and take the Camino home with you. Life will never be the same again. .it will be better.

Wish you one grand Camino, Fritzi :)
I guess you're speaking at least three languages (German, English, Spanish) so communication with other pilgrims and locals alike won't be a problem. Enjoy it to the fullest and report back.

Ultreia!

PS (Beautiful introductory post BTW.)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...
Since 2009 I run a small hotel with bar and vegetarian restaurant on the camino francés. It was a dream come true when we could buy this house and in 2 years we restored it into a hotel with 3...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...
June 16, @Walkwest, Asturias airport

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back