• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in March

Christina1803

Time of past OR future Camino
Sevilla
Hi,
I'm Christina from the UK.
Turning 50 in March and want a special experience on my birthday. I haven't decided on a route yet but plan to leave the UK around the 13th March, and have about 7 days to walk a section of the Camino.
Any suggestions for which route I should consider this time of the year? Taking into consideration the weather, scenery and the number of other walkers that I might meet? I would very much like to meet other pilgrims and share the experience with like-minded individuals.
First choice at the moment is Via de la Plata but not sure how many people will be walking this time of the year?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Any suggestions for which route I should consider this time of the year? Taking into consideration the weather, scenery and the number of other walkers that I might meet?
First choice at the moment is Via de la Plata but not sure how many people will be walking this time of the year?
I am not quite clear what you are asking - do you want to be sure of meeting other pilgrims or are you keen on avoiding them? Walking the VdlP in early March could be a very solitary experience: I spent 20 winter days on the VdlP and met precisely 5 other pilgrims. If you really want company then the Frances is your best bet - always others walking all year round. For a quiet but accessible one-week Camino I would choose the Ingles and allow myself a whole day in A Coruña too. There is the extra satisfaction of walking a "whole" Camino even if it is a short one! Varied and interesting route.

Thanks for your response, apologies for the confusion.
I would very much like to meet other pilgrims and share the experience with like-minded individuals so I probably need to rethink my route.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think the Camino Ingles would be ideal, in March there will be other pilgrims with you on the way, not as many as on the Frances, but still, plus you actually arrive in Santiago instead of walking only some stages from A to B. Alternatively you could pretty much walk any of the last 100 km to Santiago ...
BC SY

Hi christina!!
Have you done the camino at any stage at all?
If not, i would start at sjpdp and walk 7 days as its the busiest route and maybe you could return at a later date to continue the frances route!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back