• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in November

dandagenais

Time of past OR future Camino
Done: SSJDP to Santiago 811km, Nov./Dec. 2013
Plan: LePuy route July 1, 2018
Salut tout le monde!

I'll be strarting my Camino Nov.2 at SJPP for 32 days. Anyone starting around that date or anyone who would be kind enough to share some info/recommendations for that time of year, would be awesome...

Also, looking for info on getting from Madrid (where my plane lands on Nov. 1) to SJPP...

Cheers,
Daniel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You arrive after bus service from Pamplona to SJPdP ends for the year, so you can get to Roncesvalles on a bus, but the remaining distance will require a taxi.

So, you can take a bus or train from Madrid to Pamplona, then either start from there, take a bus to Roncesvalles, or take a taxi/bus to SJPdP.

Buen camino.

Daniel,

Welcome to the Forum!

Late autumn is a wonderful time to walk the camino but you must be prepared for all kinds of weather. Late last November there was a meter of snow on the CF at O Cebriero.

Check out these earlier Forum topics for specific info from many of us who walk at this time..

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/november-camino.18747/

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/late-fall-weather-on-el-camino.18973/

and

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/traveling-from-madrid-to-st-jean.19501/

Happy planning and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You arrive after bus service from Pamplona to SJPdP ends for the year, so you can get to Roncesvalles on a bus, but the remaining distance will require a taxi.

So, you can take a bus or train from Madrid to Pamplona, then either start from there, take a bus to Roncesvalles, or take a taxi/bus to SJPdP.

Buen camino.

Falcon269, can you give the date again for when the Pamplona to SJPP bus service ends this year. I saw it at one point but can't seem to find it again. I think I'm in the same boat as dandagenais arriving Pamplona from Madrid on 04Oct. Fingers crossed.

The Pamplona to SJPP thread should get interesting after that date...I'll post another rideshare post there soon. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hey! I am due to start on the 31st of October! I am coming by train from Paris to Bayonne and then by train from Bayonne to SJPDP.

Good luck

Hey! I am due to start on the 31st of October! I am coming by train from Paris to Bayonne and then by train from Bayonne to SJPDP.

Good luck
Right on! So there's a train from Bayonne to SJPDP? I might then try and get to Bayonne from Madrid... and then to SJPDP. I wish you an awesome Camino my friend!

Right on! So there's a train from Bayonne to SJPDP? I might then try and get to Bayonne from Madrid... and then to SJPDP. I wish you an awesome Camino my friend!

Here is a direct link to the Bayonne >> SJPdP train schedule until December 14, 2013.

By the way November 1, All Saints' Day, is a holiday in both France and Spain. Many families travel during this time to pay homage to their dead relatives. Hence roads and transport may be extra busy at this time. Some businesses and services, but not all, will be closed on this day.

Bon voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here is a direct link to the Bayonne >> SJPdP train schedule until December 14, 2013.

By the way November 1, All Saints' Day, is a holiday in both France and Spain. Many families travel during this time to pay homage to their dead relatives. Hence roads and transport may be extra busy at this time. Some businesses and services, but not all, will be closed on this day.

Bon voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thanks so much! That's great and helps a lot. Will have to wait till the next day then because of All Saints day, but hey a day in Madrid will be ok for sure!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that it was All Saints day. I will have hopefully made it over the Pyrenees safely and be waking up in Roncesvalles on the 1st of November!

Did you find out if you can get the train to Bayonne from Madrid easily enough?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/seeking-help-madrid-to-sjpdp-please.20268/

I found this while searching for something else! Might be useful to you if you havn't already found a way from Madrid!

Thanks! That does help... so much info out there!! I have a lot saved, juts not had time yet to make sense of all of it. Going away for 4 days in the Muskokas here in Canada for a big race, but when back I'll start looking more closely at all of this.

Questions for people that have done the Camino and flew of from North America... I'll be taking a plane from Canada. Here are my questions:
1) walking poles? what are your thoughts? Yes or no?
2) checking baggages in plane - do you keep you backpack as carry-on or check it? If you have poles (telescopic, small) that fit in your Backpack, are you allowed to carry-on (because of the pole)?

Merci!!
Dan

Hi there,
My friend and I will be arriving in Santiago on October 27. We were planning on taking a taxi to Sarria and beginning our Camino from there (this time around).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My poles fit inside my pack. I always check my pack, but twice it arrived late.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back