• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Bruce and Margaret and welcome here.

This subforum about the Ingles might give you more information.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-ingles.23/

It is a perfect short Camino and still one of my preferred to walk. This Camino has been rerouted lately but still remains very charming.
It is getting more popular though so some more planning might be in order, that is if you want to sleep in the albergues.
If not then there are plenty of other accomodations to choose from.

Happy preparations!

Last edited:
Hello Bruce and Margaret and welcome here.

This subforum about the Ingles might give you more information.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-ingles.23/

It is a perfect short Camino and still one of my preferred to walk. This Camino has been rerouted lately but still remains very charming.
It is getting more popular though some more planning might be in order, that is if you want to sleep in the albergues.
If not then there are plenty of other accomodations to choose from.

Happy preparations!
Thank you so much for your reply. I will study the link later. Regards Bruce and Margaret.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked it in October - My advice is to be prepared with water and food. Unlike the CF, it's sparse when it comes to cafes and watering holes. I was surprised too that there were so many hills. I shouldn't have been, but was....have a great time - really pretty scenery on the ocean.

I did it last summer after the route was changed. The revised route is very well marked.

As stated there are fewer places to stop and have a break than the Camino Frances so grab every opportunity to grab snacks and supplies!
The climb out of Pontedeume is short but steep - take your time, we are tortoises not hares! There's a set of benches 3/4 of the way up and a bar at the top!
The hill at Bruma is no longer on the route but neither is Bar Julia.
It's a decent route and, in my opinion, nicer than the road in from Sarria.
Best wishes!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everyone. My wife and I are planning to do the English Way in September from Ferrol. As we are both in our 70s we won't be doing it at a gallop. Any tips or information anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. Regards Bruce and Margaret.
Welcome. I just bookmarked your post. I hope to walk the Ingles in August, and will let you know how this 71.5 year old gets on!

Hi

I did the Camino Ingles May 18. I got off the bus at Ferrol bus station and a short walk to the main tourist office for my first stamp. I would recommend the short walk from Ferrol to Nada to avoid over doing it. The route is well signed posted from Nada to Sigueiro but a simple map/guide for the first and last section would be useful. Last year I meet a small group of Irish ladies the oldest was 73 so age should be no problem. A small light weight sleeping bag was adequate and it fitted nicely into my 35lts rucksack with the other things, total weight of 10kgs.
best regards

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome. I just bookmarked your post. I hope to walk the Ingles in August, and will let you know how this 71.5 year old gets on!
I will be on the Ingles in early August with my 20 yr old daughter and my husband. (Her first Camino, our second).

Walked the route in October with a friend(70 and 68). Take your time and enjoy the beautiful countryside and people. Only suggestion would be not to walk beside the motorway for 5 km going into Siguero. There is an alternate country road after you cross the motorway (go straight ahead not turning right) that we heard later was a much nicer way of entering the city. The path beside the motorway felt like the longest 5 km of the entire walk-not much fun
Ultreia. buen Camino

Walked the route in October with a friend(70 and 68). Take your time and enjoy the beautiful countryside and people. Only suggestion would be not to walk beside the motorway for 5 km going into Siguero. There is an alternate country road after you cross the motorway (go straight ahead not turning right) that we heard later was a much nicer way of entering the city. The path beside the motorway felt like the longest 5 km of the entire walk-not much fun
Ultreia. buen Camino
Thanks for the info. Regards Bruce and Margaret.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi

Camino Ingles May 18. My 35lt rucksack with the top small compartment empty was within the size to take on the plane. Got off the plane midnight at A Coruna airport, taxi (25euros) to hotel ADELIA rue Noya A Coruna (30euros/night) which is near the bus station. At Santiago hotel/aubergue LA SAILE rue de Tras Santa Clara Santiago (25euros/night). I did not pre book any accommodation travelling has a single pilgrim.

Best regards

We just decided today to start the Ingles in early Sept. Thanks for the links and info! I'll be watching for you @Bruce and Margaret ;)
I will be on the Inglis early September, after walking Porto to SdC, Finisterre, Muxia. We might just cross paths, I am solo female, 75y old. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I plan to walk in May. Thank you all for the good advice here.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back