• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino July / August 2014

Hi everyone, I'm Alphonsus Josemaría. I'm currently planning my 1st Camino after hearing a bishop who did his Camino this year. Will be starting from Sarria and would like to find out from you guys is there anything I need to know/prepare or any good advise for me since that route is the last part of the French route. Thanks & Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Alphonsus Josemaría

Welcome to the forum.
You´ll be able to find all the info you´re looking for right here. If there is somethings which you can´t find or new questions that come up feel free to ask.

Buen Camino!

Welcome to the forum, the one thing that comes immediately to my mind is that the Camino Frances (especially up Sarria!) is incredibly full with pilgrims each July / August. I am not sure if the high pilgrim numbers and often related 'races for a bed' help to find / experience your own Camino. Have you thought about choosing one of the less walked routes? Like the Camino Portugues or Ingles? Or can you change the time of the year you want to walk? In all cases: Buen Camino! SY

Hi everyone, I'm Alphonsus Josemaría. I'm currently planning my 1st Camino after hearing a bishop who did his Camino this year. Will be starting from Sarria and would like to find out from you guys is there anything I need to know/prepare or any good advise for me since that route is the last part of the French route. Thanks & Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi SYates, I wanted to do the Camino actually around end September or early October but was advise to go earlier as I might have something on during that period.

Was wondering will it be easy to find a bed (albegues) when I reach each town...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.