• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozárabe so worth it

P Rat

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino VDLP/Sanábres April 2019
Camino Mozárabe when we can again...(2021?)
This is not a question, more a little promotional talk 😉. We have been back for a little while now after walking 1250 km from Almería to Mérida, part of the VdlP and then the Portuguese to SdC. Our goal was the Mozárabe, and boy, it did not disappoint. So to anyone wondering what their next Camino could be, and wanting some solitude: can recommend. Sure, it’s more lonely, the stages a little long some days, and a fair bit of elevation at times. But those views! And the infrastructure is there, never had a problem. Never got lost either. The friends of the Camino Mozárabe do an excellent job, and esp to Granada there is a lot of support should you need it.
So here’s my little plug for this awesome stretch through Andalusia. If you decide to go: contact Nely in Almería (though you can start from Jaen or Malaga too) and she’ll set you on your way. I am not especially religious, but the pilgrims mass/blessing in Almería got to me. Oh, and make sure to stop in Espejo! Quaint, hospitable, awesome Albergue.
Buen camin

IMG_0898.jpegIMG_0896.jpegIMG_1181.jpegIMG_1152.jpegIMG_1156.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
i will be setting off from almeria to walk to sdc via the mozarabe at the end of november this year.love the solitude of long caminos,so no problem there,.
could you please tell me the address i must use to contact nely.

I have been considering this after I finish the Norte in late October. That will depend on my wonky appendages, but I hear so many wonderful things about the Mozárabe, I'll be very sad if I am not able.
Buen Camino

Nely can be reached (I am told) at +34 619 86 01 98.

This might also be helpful.

Attachments

• Notes_230813_071129_3fd.jpg
    Notes_230813_071129_3fd.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's the only camino I have done so far. From Almeria to Merida.

The priest in Almeria gave our group a blessing. Such a big warm person.

Nely made it easy all the way to the stop before Granada. By then you are in the swing of it and it all unfolds nicely as you proceed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for posting. I'm probably going to retire next year, and I'm thinking maybe I will alternate the CF with a quieter route whilst my legs hold up. I walked 500km on the vdlp in April/ May 2018. I think this was probably my ideal for a quieter camino. Good infrastructure, 10-20 pilgrims on each stage a day. You could walk all day alone with your thoughts but meet up with your fellow walkers every night. I'd try a quieter walk.
I've got the full vdlp and Camino de Madrid \ del Salvador on my list. Good to get another candidate on my list.

This really is not helpful;-) I have walked many routes, but have never walked Saint Jean to Santiago and was thinking of doing that next year. It would be a walk to celebrate the end of homeschooling eight kids and would come at the end of three years of managing a daughter's anorexia that has almost wiped me out. I wanted a refreshing walk, not overly physically demanding so that I could reflect and write and draw each day. I hoped to stop in at The Peaceable and see @Rebekah Scott. But one of my distractions/lifelines this past year has been researching the Camino Mozarabe and it has a certain attraction - but my big opposition to it is that when I walked the Madrid, hoping for a quiet alone walk, there was one other pilgrim most nights, one pilgrim who was a lovely gentleman and wanted to chat and I am not good at saying NO. So I was thinking it is easier to be invisible in a crowd rather than on a quieter route. But this "promotion" has me wobbling all over the place - maybe I should save the Frances for when I am old and dottery! This is probably not the best place to ask for an opinion!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We walked from Almeria to Santiago in 2019 via the Mozarabe, VDLP and Sanabres. The stretch between Almeria and Granada is particularly memorable and keeps calling us back ;-) Nely and the local association do a fantastic job

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back