• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues Lodging -- Porto de Muge

deborah101

We are trying to find lodging after Lisbon, between Azambuja and Santarém, around Porto de Muge. Does anyone have information of what is available in that area---hopefully a place that won't break the budget, :) Thanks in advance!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Reading through that Porto de Muge thread, I see that there are two different places mentioned.

One is

Last April when we were walking through Porto de Muge we stayed with Paula Castro (tel 939997657; mp.castro@sapo.pt). She is renovating an old manor house and was happy to take in pilgrims to stay. She also offered dinner and breakfast.

And the other:
Thankfully there is Casa de Rio albergue 500m down the street, 15 EUR. Called +351 918 216 875 and a guy brought the key in 10min.

If anyone has been through there recently, are there really now two places in Porto de Muge????

Only one at Porto de Muge on the Portuguese Pilgrims site. Bit of a budget buster by the look of it.
http://www.vialusitana.org/en/albergues_eng/
Regards
Gerard

Hi, Gerard, The Via Lusitana's site is out of date on this. The place they mention, the Quinta da Marchanta, is a nice casa rural that used to give pilgrims beds for about 20 euros. They no longer do that. Pilgrims from last year reported the two places I listed in my earlier post. But updates would be great!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good oh! I'll keep that in my Portugal file, as I have with so many other details you have supplied. Not long to go now.
Thanks very much.
Gerard

Only one at Porto de Muge on the Portuguese Pilgrims site. Bit of a budget buster by the look of it.
http://www.vialusitana.org/en/albergues_eng/
Regards
Gerard
this listing is from March 2014 and no longer correct (if it ever was)
I stayed at the Quinta and paid 20Euros per night for an entire 'house' - upstairs downstairs, bath/kitchen etc.
Graca - the owner - has since sold this property. But i stayed there two nights in May 2014 and 5 nights in June 2014. Lovely spot, so tranquil.
hope this helps.

The Via Lusitana listing in English is very out of date. The Portuguese one is more updated, but Paula is out of it and Quinta da Marchanta is still there.
This is the actual situation:
Quinta da Marchanta may or may not reopen. I'll try to find out.
Casa de Rio is open, you have to call, for the key. BTW, it's not an albergue, it's a house renting rooms.
Paula , on the way out of Porto de Muge, at number 177, is just like Peregrina2000 said. Nice place with dinner and breakfast.

Bom Caminho

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back