A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Presentation

Dave C.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santa Domingo (2017)
Santa Domingo to Fromista (2018)
I was able to attend a presentation on the Camino at the Great Outdoor Provision Company in Virginia Beach tonight. The presentation was given by the authors of the Village to Village Guides. Both David Landis and Anna Dintaman were amazing. They have dedicated their pursuits to commissioning new trails and mapping existing trails all over the world. It was a great night of discussion, fellowship and reflection on our experiences. It was also nice to spread to joy of the Camino with those in attendance who are thinking of walking their Camino. I wish David and Anna all the best.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
It is lovely to spend time with people who have walked or want to walk the Camino... always joyful. We have an all-day gathering of pilgrims coming up this weekend with various presenters including (drum roll please) :) John Brierley.
Where is this to be held?

Camino(s) past & future
Autumn (2015) and Spring (2019)
Rather far from the UK. Shame. Best of luck
Please look for the opportunity to hear John Brierley give a presentation in your part of the world. Honestly, I could have listened to him speak all day - such a kind, thoughtful, loving man and a true inspiration! He was funny, too, when he spoke of practicing "mindful walking" with Thich Nhat Hanh ..very, very slowly. Then they came to a golf course and the golfers waved them through. Thich Naht Hahn then said, "Now we will practice mindful jogging!" One quote I loved was, "Silence is the language of god; all else is a poor translation." But there was so much more... :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
Please look for the opportunity to hear John Brierley give a presentation in your part of the world. Honestly, I could have listened to him speak all day - such a kind, thoughtful, loving man and a true inspiration! He was funny, too, when he spoke of practicing "mindful walking" with Thich Nhat Hanh ..very, very slowly. Then they came to a golf course and the golfers waved them through. Thich Naht Hahn then said, "Now we will practice mindful jogging!" One quote I loved was, "Silence is the language of god; all else is a poor translation." But there was so much more... :)
I will look out for him. Sounds wonderful.
Thanks for giving me the heads up

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 141 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 235 25.0%