Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Spice up ANY PRESENTATION with photos from Camino Frances

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (March 2016)
Camino Portuguese (April/May 2017)
Camino Frances 2021
Honestly – all presentations could be somewhat improved through use of some photos from any Camino – my favorite is Camino Frances. I lecture about mental health, addiction and treatment and in addition I like giving the audience a visual experience – or at least let the bored or uninterested have something nice to look at. It is more inspiring (and of course more time consuming) for me as I always use some photos from Camino Frances. In addition to being just nature, birds, plants, bridges, buildings in all styles, shapes and forms – the pictures can serve as symbols of populations birds in trees, symptoms of mental health problems, withdrawal, barriers, help seeking difficulties, overcoming barriers to seek and enter treatment, support, treatment alliance, hope, future & Christmas. It really works. Pictures, no text. I am looking forward to my next trip – have (of course) postponed Camino Frances from March to September/October 2021 – and will take more photos this time. I miss the greenery and scenery!

Anyone who use photos from any Camino in presentations? To symbolize something else?

Attachments

• Falling apart.JPG
    Falling apart.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Hope.png
    Hope.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Barrier.jpg
    Barrier.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Unaccessable services.jpg
    Unaccessable services.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Treatment alliance.png
    Treatment alliance.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 63
  • Spiral.png
    Spiral.png
    977.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Step by step.png
    Step by step.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • What the future may bring.jpg
    What the future may bring.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 67
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Passport
Original passport made by the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. Shipped from Santiago all around the world with DHL.
Camino Frances 2021
And of course - archways and tunnels and everything overgrown could be used for almost everything having to do with change and building on something. And cattle in rainy Galicia could serve as the opposite of 'user involvement'. If they could choose - I think they would prefer not standing in mud while eating. But at least their food is kept dry. Even the shredding bark of eucalyptus trees could illustrate human experiences....

Attachments

• Hope - will get better.jpg
    Hope - will get better.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Always something to build on.png
    Always something to build on.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • Opposite of user involvement.jpg
    Opposite of user involvement.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 54
  • Withdrawal.png
    Withdrawal.png
    845.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Terry Callery

Chi Walker
"Portuguese Camino"
"Slow Camino"
"The First Pilgrim"
All on Amazon
IMG_0424.jpg IMG_0385.jpg IMG_0455.jpg

I asked the rider if I could take the photo- held up my camera - did not to be obnoxious tourtist,
He gave me a thumbs up----- and I got this amazing shot.

Church is a Capella - visiting preist do baptism -weddings -last rites- no clergry lives there.

Tree is in the middle of a wheat field - saw farmer go out to inspect new crop - middle of French Camino in Spain's bread basket.

Tile is self evident.

Saint James the Patron Saint of Spain who most real historians believe never set foot in Spain - much less was buried in a 3th century Roman Cemetery in Galicia ---that became the city of Santiagio de Compostala.

Wishfull 9th century thinking - the body was discovered by a crazy hermit in the same year" Charlemagne died 814. There was no marker - nothing to actually identify the body - but they needed a patron saint to unite them against the Moors -
Self- fullfiiling Prophecy--- If a fake relic perfoms like a real one, then it is "ipso facto" the real thing.

Read Holy Bones - Holy Dust by Charles Feeman about all the fake relics in Europe in the 9th century.

Or -- Furtra Sacra --by Patrick Geary "Thefts of relics in the middle ages"

Press Release Photo Santiago.jpg I

Last edited:
Camino Frances 2021
View attachment 88599 View attachment 88600 View attachment 88601

I asked the rider if I could take the photo- held up my camera - did not to be obnoxious tourtist,
He gave me a thumbs up----- and I got this amazing shot.

Church is a Capella - visiting preist do baptism -weddings -last rites- no clergry lives there.

Tree is in the middle of a wheat field - saw farmer go out to inspect new crop - middle of French Camino in Spain's bread basket.

Tile is self evident.

Saint James the Patron Saint of Spain who most real historians believe never set foot in Spain - much less was buried in a 3th century Roman Cemetery in Galicia ---that became the city of Santiagio de Compostala.

Wishfull 9th century thinking - the body was discovered by a crazy hermit in the same year" Charlemagne died 814. There was no marker - nothing to actually identify the body - but they needed a patron saint to unite them against the Moors -
Self- fullfiiling Prophecy--- If a fake relic perfoms like a real one, then it is "ipso facto" the real thing.

Read Holy Bones - Holy Dust by Charles Feeman about all the fake relics in Europe in the 9th century.

Or -- Furtra Sacra --by Patrick Geary "Thefts of relics in the middle ages"

View attachment 88602 I
I really like the small stories that comes with your pictures

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Frances 2021
View attachment 88614
How about this for a first aid presentation? ;)
Absolutely - will work really well in a first aid presentation for blisters.
(But I have seen worse - for example a marathon runner who planned to walk more than 50km+/daily (Camino Frances) in not waterproof runners. Unfortunately, he had to return home after having severe blisters covering the sole of both feet that made walking impossible.)

Camino Frances 2021
I quite enjoy adding personal reflections to pics - perhaps re-jigging the words of prose or a poem that I like. For example, the words of the downbeat and rather sad "A Shropshire Lad" by A E Houseman into something more positive in these difficult times.....

View attachment 88631
Thank you, really beautiful.