Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo in the end of April

Kemikal

I´m leaving for Camino primitivo at the 21st of April. How´s the weather? Anyone who has good advice about refugios, anything special to add to the packing list? where in Oviedo can I get the pilgrim´s credencial? I´m all ears for all kind of advice =)

/Annica

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Annica,
I walked the Primitivo in May this year (2009). Can be VERY wet or very warm! Varies from day to day in both Asturias and Gallicia. If you are walking from Oviedo, give the Albergue in Salas a miss. stay in Cornellana, then walk through Salas to Bodenaya. Alejandro's private albergue in Bodenaya should not be missed. Salas municipal albergue is, frankly, a dump! I stayed in the Hotel Soto behind the church. If I knew then what I know now, I would willingly have walked the extra 7 kilometres to Bodenaya!! The albergue at Pola de Allande was closed till mid May. The albergue in Grandes de Salime is not good, rumours of rats! - again I stayed in a Hostal.
See my blog here:- http://walktocompostela.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

Blessings on your walking
Tio Tel

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back