A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Can't decide which Camino?

I couldn't decide either so I took the easy way out and went for a mix. So my Camino for 2016 is decided and a flight booked for May 3rd to Almeria on the south coast to walk to the north coast and then to the west one.
Almeria, Granada, Cordoba, Merida, Cacares, Salamanca, Zamora, Astorga, Leon, Gijon (on coast), Villavisiosa, Oviedo, Lugo, Santiago de Compostella, Finisterre. Quite a few upsies and downsies as well as some lovely countryside, cities and towns in the 1,100 mile walk. Guess it will take a few weeks then so July in SDC anyone?
2016 Camino.jpg

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Wow, you will be ahead of me, most likely, but some of our ways are the same! Buen Camino! SY

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013 Ingles 2014 Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017 Via Francigena 2018 -(2019)
That is quite a trek Al you might need a bit more kit for that one, one on, one in the wash, could well not stay the full distance mate! ;)

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
A good sturdy pair of hobnails needed for that epic trek Allan. :)
Buen Camino.

Ekelund

Camino(s) past & future
The Camino Frances 2005
The Portugese Camino 2014
The Camino Ingles Easter 2015
The Camino Ingles April 2016
The Camino del Norte/The Primitivo 2016
Good plan, Al! I like the map, very nice.
I will be in SdC at the end of July, it would be great to meet up.
Buen Camino.

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: Francés, Inglés, Fisterra/Muxia, Baztan, Primitivo, Norte, Portugués. Future: Madrid (2019)
Wow, that's quite a plan Allan. It must feel great to have it on your calendar. Buen Camino and enjoy the countdown!

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
My, my, that looks good. Seize the day, Al, and enjoy.

I am Kanga. I have Mom's recovery to be thankful for the opportunity so Carpe Diem it is and who knows if finishing in mid July will make a cheeky little trip later possible? I know that walkng twice the last 2 years has helped me survive being away a little better.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
Twice a year for me was pure luxury. I don't expect that to happen again - just too too expensive from Oz. Bring on these faster, cheaper, more fuel efficient aircraft we keep reading about!

fransw

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012; Le Puy - Conques 2014;Camino Aragonese Oloron Ste Marie - Puenta la Reina 2018
Looks great Allan. I expect reading your posts of your journey!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Wow, Alan, that's one great plan. I'm hoping to walk the Mozarabe from Almeria in 2017, if all goes well, and will enjoy reading whatever you care to post about it. I'm assuming you've seen Kevin O'Brien's guide posted in the Resources section? Just in case, I'll post a link here since the Resources section is currently undergoing some reorganization and I don't know if things are harder to find. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-mozarabe.52/

Your proposed route gives new meaning to the term "walking in circles" -- the Oviedo - Gijon-Villaviciosa-Oviedo loop is a terrific idea!

I may be on the Primitivo in late June, so there is some chance we'll coincide I suppose.

And I think you'd better keep your "7 annual trips to the continent" per year to yourself. You may provoke some unhappiness from those of us in these far flung parts of the world.

Camino(s) past & future
please see signature
Guess it will take a few week
How do you find sufficient albergue on the stages up to Leon?

I think you'd better keep your "7 annual trips to the continent" per year to yourself. You may provoke some unhappiness from those of us in these far flung parts of the world.
Illinois, for you, may be an outpost far flung from Europe. For some of us (where Valladolid, on Al's 2016 camino, is the antipodes) getting to Illinois is about 20+ hours before thinking of going on to Almeria. Other than that, dear Peregrina, I do enjoy reading your posts.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
So, Al, from where I sit that comment about visiting Europe 7 times this year - definitely offends against the rule about No Trolling - posting an inflammatory remark with the intention of upsetting people! :D Enjoy, friend.

Just a week visiting a friend in Madrid for her birthday SYates. I used to teach in a small Sergovian pueblo near there a few years ago and spent my weekends in Madrid so it is like a second home to me. I visit every year.

Scott Sweeney

I couldn't decide either so I took the easy way out and went for a mix. So my Camino for 2016 is decided and a flight booked for May 3rd to Almeria on the south coast to walk to the north coast and then to the west one.
Almeria, Granada, Cordoba, Merida, Cacares, Salamanca, Zamora, Astorga, Leon, Gijon (on coast), Villavisiosa, Oviedo, Lugo, Santiago de Compostella, Finisterre. Quite a few upsies and downsies as well as some lovely countryside, cities and towns in the 1,100 mile walk. Guess it will take a few weeks then so July in SDC anyone?
View attachment 22787

Perhaps our paths will cross again this spring my friend.

Peace to you as we enter into this holiday season.

walk strong Al.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Al you just might catch us on the VdlP during the days we go slowly for Grandpa. Would be a fantastic treat!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 38 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 134 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 207 24.0%