A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Casa Fernanda

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Kumano Kodo
Caminho Portugues
This is the first time I have used this forum so hopefully I am doing it correctly. We would like to make a booking for Casa Fernanda on 25 April 2019 but am having trouble making contact. Albertinho, I have tried contacting you but nothing works. I believe you can book us in to Casa Fernanda. I tried telephoning but the lady who answered the phone did not speak English.
I think I am relying on you to help us (a couple in our 70's) make the booking.

AML

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hi,
are you sure you have the correct phone number..... +351 914 589 521
Fernanda speaks good english!

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
I think it is far too early to make a reservation, too many things could happen before your planned journey. I would try again at the beginning of April 2019. And if you speak to a person, who does not speak English: take in mind, that Fernanda hast to do some shopping to feed all the pilgrims who visit her place. So you may have talked to a volunteer helping in her albergue. So try again later.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis, Portuguese, El Norte
This is the first time I have used this forum so hopefully I am doing it correctly. We would like to make a booking for Casa Fernanda on 25 April 2019 but am having trouble making contact. Albertinho, I have tried contacting you but nothing works. I believe you can book us in to Casa Fernanda. I tried telephoning but the lady who answered the phone did not speak English.
I am not familiar with the Casa Fernando but I do know April 25 is a major public holiday in Portugal with many festivals it may not be the best day to start.

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
I sent you better contact information via a Private Conversation...

Fernanda speaks very good English, but her mother, who lives there too does not speak English, IIRC.

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
Lisbon
Staying at Fernando’s is a great experience and not to be missed. She speaks excellent English and is overwhelmingly hospitable. You will feel spoiled by her. But she only has 12 beds so it’s certainly wise to book. Arrive early so you have plenty of time to enjoy being there. Keep ringing you will get onto her eventually.

Willy51

Camino(s) past & future
May 2016
I, too, contacted Fernanda by phone with no difficulty when I reserved there. As others have said, her English is excellent. It's well worth staying there and as she has a limited number of beds, I’d keep trying so as to get a reservation. We were lucky enough to stay in her one private room. You might ask about its availability when you get ahold of her. Bom Caminho!

KariC

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho portugûes (2016)
What they all said. Staying with Fernanda was one of the highlights of my Caminho. Also, could be she's off or a few weeks since this is the off season for pilgrims. Try again in a month or two - I booked one or two days in advance with her in September, w/o problem.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances St Jean -Santiago April -June 2017
Portugues September 2018
Book ahead by all means but 4 months in advance is a bit far.
It's the Portugues end of april we booked just a few days before last September So as suggested beginning of april should be fine amd if you're relaxed chilled out and don't fuss or hassle Fernanda maybe she'll put you in the only double room!!!
Bom camino

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%