• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is Casa de Fernanda in Barcelos?

Time of past OR future Camino
September, 2023; walking 13 days total.
Hi, I was told to book Casa de Fernanda in Barcelos. That is one of our stages. However, I have read that it is 18 km (11 miles) from Barcelos. We can't walk that far after walking all day. Our next stop is Carreira de Agra which is a 12 mile day. Is she closer to that stop?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Casa Fernanda is in Lugar do Corgo which is 20km from Barcelos. You can use Gronze.com to figure out distances and town’s with accommodations. Just know that for Casa Fernanda you do need a reservation. I just did the Portuguese and Carreira de Agra doesn’t sound familiar to me.
Ok, thank you! I think the only way we could do it is taxi there and then have them drop us back off in
Barcelos. Maybe too much hassle. We go from barcelos to tamel to carreira de agra to overnight. Hope it's on the map, lol! And from there to Ponte de Lima.

Ok, thank you! I think the only way we could do it is taxi there and then have them drop us back off in
Barcelos. Maybe too much hassle. We go from barcelos to tamel to carreira de agra to overnight. Hope it's on the map, lol! And from there to Ponte de Lima.
Barcelos to Casa da Fernanda and Casa da Fernanda to Ponte de Lima were the stages that I walked last year. The walk into Ponte de Lima was only about 12 km. I cannot find Carreira de Agra on Open Street Maps as a location name, but there is a property of that name some 400m walk around the corner from Casa da Fernanda, on the N204, that appears on Google Maps. It looks like you would be repeating this section of the CP to do what you are proposing.

Casa Fernanda and Carreira de Agra would appear to be practically congruent. If you really want to stay at both you’ll likely need to walk around in circles for a day. Sometimes maps are more useful than booking sites though given the repetitive occurrence of place names in Portugal it’s possible that one and the other is nonesuch

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’m not sure anymore about anything. Godgle seems to suggest that Casa Fernanda is in Vitorino dos Piaes? As is Carreira de Agra.

Does anyone remember what the question was? Or why it was asked?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stopped at Casa Fernanda in 2019 to pass on informaiton and a friendly hello to her from a forum friend. I was unable to stay with her that night, but was invited in for cookies and tea, which unfortunately I had to decline. It was located right on the Camino path; nothing mysterious about its location at all.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well. I think I’ll trust Gronze.

Not been there myself but I saw it on the Telly. Seemed to be full of celebrities - but aren’t we all famous in one way or another
I don’t know if Casa Fernanda was on television. I know that Pilgrims Nest /Ninho in Rubiaes was featured on a BBC program with celebrities who walked the Camino.

Barcelos to Casa da Fernanda and Casa da Fernanda to Ponte de Lima were the stages that I walked last year. The walk into Ponte de Lima was only about 12 km. I cannot find Carreira de Agra on Open Street Maps as a location name, but there is a property of that name some 400m walk around the corner from Casa da Fernanda, on the N204, that appears on Google Maps. It looks like you would be repeating this section of the CP to do what you are proposing.
Oh, thank you! I'm using an app that was plotted for me with stages. So that must be what he's talking about because he recommended Casa de Fernanda but somehow I associated it with Barcelos!

Casa Fernanda and Carreira de Agra would appear to be practically congruent. If you really want to stay at both you’ll likely need to walk around in circles for a day. Sometimes maps are more useful than booking sites though given the repetitive occurrence of place names in Portugal it’s possible that one and the other is nonesuch
ha ha! Yes, I think I understand now...they are one and the same location, praise be to God! lol

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Whatever you decide don't miss casa Fernanda experience you'll never forget or regret best place ever.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Seems to be a mystery indeed! But I think I'm good...it's the location of Casa de Fernanda:)
Not quite, but close enough for planning purposes. According to Open Street Maps, Vitorino dos Piães is an historic parish, and both Casa da Fernanda and Carreira de Agra are houses or properties within that parish.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This sign is at the very entrance to Fernanda's property. I guess Lugar do Corgo is part of the municipality of Vitorino dos Piães.

Casa Fernanda.jpeg

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back