• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Making a Reservation at Casa Fernanda

KCP

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2022
Camino Portuguese, 2024
Is it possible to make a reservation from outside the country other than by phoning them?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I phoned Fernanda using the Viber app on my phone. I buy "Viber Out" credits, and phone calls to/from Spain and Portugal (and other countries) are less than 2 cents per minute.

I use it while in Spain to make phone calls to places that aren't on WhatsApp.

I phoned Fernanda using the Viber app on my phone. I buy "Viber Out" credits, and phone calls to/from Spain and Portugal (and other countries) are less than 2 cents per minute.

I use it while in Spain to make phone calls to places that aren't on WhatsApp.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll definitely look into this.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Made my reservation today by text.
I got lucky! Last bed available! And that is for April!!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Exactly. Like the " Variante Spiritual ". Casa Fernanda is not my style but luckily others find it welcoming and warm.
Casa Fernanda is great but I can see how it isn’t everyone style. I personally would have loved it under normal circumstances but I was recovering from food poisoning in Porto and really exhausted after walking in downpour to Fernandas. I am glad I went though. But if anyone is seeking a great communal meal on the Portuguese that is a little more chill, I recommend Ninho/Pilgrims Nest in Rubaies. It’s only for people staying at the albergue, so make a reservation a day or two in advance. Not having to walk down the road to the only restaurant is quite a treat after hiking a mountain that day.

Exactly. Like the " Variante Spiritual ". Casa Fernanda is not my style but luckily others find it welcoming and warm.
The Variante Espiritual is less traveled than the Central Way. So to me it is more quiet, especially the Agua y Piedras path out of Armenteira. And the monasteries in Poio and Armenteira are so nice to stop for the meditative reflection that many try to experience on camino. Not sure how it’s a “must do” since hardly any do it. The thermal waters at Caldas de Reis seems more to fit that bill. It’s why I avoid it. Too many people.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just made a reservation by sending a text message (not WhatsApp)

+351 914 589 521
Thanks for the number I was able to send Fernanda a text message today and was able to make a booking for May, must say she responded quickly.

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.