• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catching Cercanius in Madrid?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Has anyone here taken the Cercanius from Madrid airport to Atocha?

I believe this is a Renfre train, not the Metro but I sure could be wrong.

Where do I catch it?
Tickets?

I'm going to try to get a 10-something train to Zafra and I arrive in Madrid at 8 am
I may not make it but would like to try.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie, Cercanias trains (not metro) leave Barajas T4 about every 30mins during the day for Atocha, journey time about 25mins.
Edit. you could do it on the metro, but would require a couple of changes,and since the metro fares have gone up, would probably be dearer.

Sorry for asking again. I know the fare and times. Just wondered where to catch the train. Someone sent me a link to another thread. I've got it now. Thanks everyone!

I'm working from my iPhone at my mother's with no signal. I have to walk around to load these messages. Lol. For some reason, luckily, I can access the forum but have difficulty accessing other websites

If I hadn't heard about the robberies I'd leave this damned phone home! I may still bury it in my pack. I prefer to not be too connected, although I've promised my children to blog so they know where I am. You think they'd be used to my adventures by now! Lol.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie- when are you going? I will be arriving (if God's will) in Madrid on May 17th. I plan to take the ALSA bus from T4 to Logroño (already walked SJPDP-Logroño).

Annie:

If you are arriving in T4, it is easy as the train station is in the lower level of T4. The train leaves on the 28 and 58 minute of each hour. I think the cost to Chamartin was less than 2 Euros.

If you are arriving at a different terminal, I am not sure how the terminals interconnect. Madrid airport is very spread out. That said, I am sure there are several ways to get from one terminal to the next.

Joe

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
annie,

the cercanias train from madrid barajas leaves at t4, first floor. it is the same floor as to catch the metro. fare is 2.50 euros with the new price increase. i believe if you have a ave renfe ticket, the ride is free. travel time 25 minutes. you should make it easily to connect to your train for zafra.

as the metro is on the same floor, make sure you don't get it mixed up. as mentioned in the previous post, you will need to change to go to atocha.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi All - I am a debit card /cash only girl, its just how I live. I transfer X amount of money from a savings on to a debit card and then use my debit card. I've been looking into using the Wise...
Hi all! Have you used Pilgrim.es to plan your Camino? The reviews that I have found make me a bit nervous. Bit I can’t find any other company that will work with my group size. I don’t mind paying...
I saw the list posted with all the transfer companies for different routes, super helpful! What I haven't seen yet is a good estimation tool/reference for budget consideration. Top Santiago has a...
Hi Everyone, This second Camino seems to be a go, even though I am far from ready! (1st Camino 2016, 2nd attempted 2019, needed surgery then tried for 2020). I still don't have shoes! Lol I...
I wanted to share my experience using the luggage forwarding/storage service offered by Casa Ivar. I flew from Dallas to Paris, arriving in Paris on March 29th. I’d requested DHL shipping from...
Is there a discount card available for seniors' travel in Spain?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.