• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Charity Camino Trip for 2012

karen_croi

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I work with Croí, the heart & stroke charity based in Galway. We went on our inaugural Camino trip at the end of May this year, along the Portuguese Route and what an amazing experience it was!!! For anyone who has walked the Camino...you know what I mean and for anyone thinking about it...it is so worthwhile!! :D

For anyone who may be apprehensive about going 'solo' and would like to get a taster of the Camino, while at the same time helping a very worthy cause...please feel free to contact me on 091-893773 or by email karen@croi.ie.

We have 2 trips planned for 2012 in June & September. Details can also be found online on http://www.croi.ie.

I look forward to hearing from you!! :lol:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Genie 19, Greetings from the west coast of Canada. My daughter and I will be heading out early September. If not on the lst, it will be thereabouts. I hope we encounter you ... look for two Canucks ... one celebrating her 65th birthday year and one who expressed a desire to journey with her. Hopefully our paths will cross. Joan (the Mom) and Brighid

Hi Karen,

My wife and I walked our first Camino this year, The Ingles', we had a really wonderful time.

We walked primarily for ourselves, but also raised £3000, in sponsorship from family and
freinds for our local pre school for children with special needs, as our Grandson has Downs Syndrome.

As well as finding the countryside so wonderful and peaceful, and meeting locals on the way,(not many other pilrgrims) it was great to know that every mile we were helping others not so fortunate as ourselves.

We are also planning to walk the Camino Portugues, but probably not untill 2013, when my wife
retires, when we will have no particular time contraits and can realy enjoy the walk, and once again explore the cities and countryside.

Walking a Camino was fantastic for us, and we very often watch the video we made of our walk, just to relive the tranquility of it and get away from the hustle & bustle of daily work.

A great tonic!!!!!.

best wishes for your Camino and fundraising.

Neil & Brenda White

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...
Hi, I am trying to confirm that starting my walk from O Porriño qualifies for the last 100 km, and qualifies for a Compostela. I am finding conflicting information in different places. Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back