Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Chinchas in Monjardin

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
There are chinchas in the alburgue in Monjardin... we are taking a taxi to Los Arcos.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Pacharan

I had a fully blood-bloated bedbug land on my hand (having presumably drunk its fill from occupant of upper bunk and then toppled off) at 2 am in the albergue in Reliegos. Yuk :shock:

FatmaG

Annie,

it must be 'Villamayor de Monjardin' - between Estella and Los Arcos - a nice (but basic) albergue on the top of a hill.
Last may, a young Spanish, David, was hospitalero - very helpful and regarding.
Good souvenirs...

Pilgrim's greetings from Brussels,

Fatma

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Yes, it's on the route between El Burgo Ranero and Mansilla de las Mulas....nearer the MdLM end...
Margaret

FatmaG

Sorry - I was too quick ... and did not read the thread 'properly'... of course you know Monjardin (better than me I might say ;) - bueno...)

chinacat

Veteran Member
Hi Annie,
You don't say which of the albergues you found the chinches in - was it the one by the bar, run by the Dutch protestants, or the one on the right as you enter the village ? The Dutch have special mattress covers that are meant to prevent bedbugs.
By the way- thanks so much for your advice on how to flush them out - we used it all the time and it works !
chinacat

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
The bugs were in the Dutch alburgue.

We also found them in San Juan de Ortega.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I was hoping for a little advice. I would like to visit and attend mass as often as I can along my Camino. I’m not Catholic or even Christian. I understand that I should dress...
Hello - I see the post regarding "the way" movie are old. I have searched and searched and haven't been able to figure out how to stream the movie. I have found it listed on a couple of...
I watched this movie a few years back it was great "The Camino Voyage". It's now free on Amazon Prime. It's about some Irish fellows taking a traditional Irish boat rowing it to England, France...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon