• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2012

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd bring some Scandinavian flavour to this world-wide mix of pilgrims. My way of preparations and planning started on Sept 1st, when I committed to walking the Camino, hopefully in the fall of 2012. It's my first, and I am leaning towards the Francés, as I originally intended, but thanks to this forum I am now aware of and willing to consider other options. I have learned more about the Camino in a month than I would have expected in an entire year - gracias! :D

My main concern is the great number of pilgrims still arriving in Santiago every day (ie yesterday 648), right around the time this year that I plan to arrive in 2012. Will it be crowded still if start from SJPP mid September planning to arrive in Santiago mid to end October? Is there a better time? Should I just stop worrying about this issue altogether, and accept it as part of the experience? Thanks for your input.

Elisabet

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Six to eight hundred arrivals per day is not severe crowding. The infrastructure was expanded for the 2010 Holy Year, so you will not have a problem finding a bed. The crowds are worse in July and August, as is the weather (unless you like it hot).

To me, the Camino Frances is about the pilgrims. If you want solitude or scenery, other caminos would be better.

The weather is nice in April, May, September, and October. Winter can be wet and cold, but that keeps the number of pilgrims down!

Crowds have caused a lot of pilgrims on this Forum to walk other paths, and return with glowing recommendations, but that is partly due to it being a second camino. If you read between the lines, the vast majority walked the Camino Frances first. There is a reason!!! (And there is a reason they chose a different one for later walks.)

Have fun, and take care of your feet. You will only have one pair of them when you do.

elirin said:
Hello everyone,
My main concern is the great number of pilgrims still arriving in Santiago every day (ie yesterday 648), right around the time this year that I plan to arrive in 2012. Will it be crowded still if start from SJPP mid September planning to arrive in Santiago mid to end October? Is there a better time? Should I just stop worrying about this issue altogether, and accept it as part of the experience? Thanks for your input.Elisabet

Hola Elisabet

Yes, stop worrying :D Even in the busiest months of July and August this year pilgrims arriving in the Pilgrim Office said they had found beds on the Camino Frances. By September/October no worries!

Best wishes

John

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
falcon and johnnie,

Thank you for your sage advice. I will now with confidence continue my Camino. I believe the Frances next fall will, this time, indeed be the Way for me. It is kind of a spiritual exercise for a rookie like me to practise trust in the experience so many people on this forum express: that the Way will provide. Pax et bonum,

E

Hello Class of 2012 from Michigan!

I was going to walk the Camino Portugues for my 50th birthday in October 2011, but my partner couldn't leave the USA while going through some immigration processes (he is from Brazil). We will once again attempt to get to the Camino in April or September of 2012. I have been planning this for a very long time, so the disappointment of not going was rough, but now I'm focusing on the new trip. I am even taking Portuguese lessons!

Being a planner, I have read books, researched backpacks and shoes and done most everything I can. I was excited when the movie The Way came out so I could see the French Way since we will be going through Portugal on the first round.

So I get to go for my 51st birthday... or for Easter... or whenever I can get out of the country! but I cannot wait to go... anyone from Michigan planning the trip, contact me - maybe if we are close enough we can train together!
Bom Caminho!
Red

We start our Camino From Leon on 1st April, planning going OK, just bought some Pacerpoles,
looking forward to their support. (Amazingly comfortable without any anger yet)
& Hope to one day do the whole length & Porto to Santiago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi everyone,

I've spent the whole weekend reading posts on this site. Wow....what a great find!

I am embarrassed to say i knew absolutely nothing about the camino until i saw The Way last week at my church in Southern California (i even got to meet Martin and Emilio!!!). I instantly knew that this was something that i needed to do... and it couldn't have come at a better time in my life. A divine appointment for sure! There will be many tough changes in my life in the next 12 months and this pilgrimage will be a perfect opportunity to get my head straight as i start life over. So... I am planning to walk Camino Frances from SJPDP September/October 2012. See you there!

-2012Pilgrim

Hi
Planning to walk from Puente de la Reina for about a week in April 2012 having walked fro SJPDP this year, would be interested to find out how busy this section gets as Easter is early April this year.

Buen Camino

Lazywalker

About 5,600 pilgrims arrived in May 2011 in Santiago having started from Northeast Spain, or about 200 per day. They started in April, so you should expect about the same size crowd next year in April. You won't be alone, but also you won't have a problem finding a bed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone!
Well, I thought it was a little obsessive of me to be planning my May 2012 camino (frances) already, but I see that even if I am obsessive, I am not alone in it... wonderful!
I'm 28, from Melbourne, Australia. With any luck in July next year I'll be leaving tmy office job and moving to the USA to start a PhD. I haven't applied - let alone been accepted - yet, so it may not come to pass, but in any case I do plan to make some kind of major change of direction next year. Walking the camino seemed like a lovely way to transition between two stages of life, while returning to a country I love, using a language I love, enjoying nature, meeting new friends, getting some exercise, and maybe (just maybe!) dialing the existential angst levels down just a tad!
:)

caitlin_s said:
Hi everyone!
Well, I thought it was a little obsessive of me to be planning my May 2012 camino (frances) already, but I see that even if I am obsessive, I am not alone in it... wonderful!

Caitlin, we are in the same boat, obsessive-but not too obsessive I hope. It is a lot of fun preparing to be a minimalist :)

falcon269 said:
About 5,600 pilgrims arrived in May 2011 in Santiago having started from Northeast Spain, or about 200 per day. They started in April, so you should expect about the same size crowd next year in April. You won't be alone, but also you won't have a problem finding a bed.

Thanks for that,

Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
caitlin_s said:
Hi everyone!
I'm 28, from Melbourne, Australia. With any luck in July next year I'll be leaving tmy office job and moving to the USA to start a PhD. I haven't applied - let alone been accepted - yet, so it may not come to pass, but in any case I do plan to make some kind of major change of direction next year. Walking the camino seemed like a lovely way to transition between two stages of life, while returning to a country I love, using a language I love, enjoying nature, meeting new friends, getting some exercise, and maybe (just maybe!) dialing the existential angst levels down just a tad!

Caitlyn, my boyfriend bought me walking sticks for my birthday and we aren't walking until next September! I am a planner from way on back - list maker, the whole bit... I look forward to letting all of that go for the time we walk the Portuguese Way... have a great walk and planning all of it!
Bom Camino!
C

Abbeydore, you've hit the nail on the head "It is a lot of fun preparing to be a minimalist :)" and I love your description!

Red1too3, it was my birthday a week ago and I also requested and received all manner of hiking-related gifts!

I've committed! I've booked the flight and the Hostel in Seville. 4 nights of Holy Week then 2 weeks walking, as far as I can get in 2 weeks. I've just completed the Porugues, with a couple of long days, so hopefully I can manage the VdlP.
Ultreya
Sue

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Im hoping to arrive in Bilbao end of march then walk from Pamplona,maybe catch some of you crazy folk along the way,im from where James nesbitt(irish guy in the film THE WAY)is from, but i promise not to write about you all ;)

Bernie.

Hi All,

I am planning my first trek to the Camino, in late March. I have chosen The Camino Frances and will be starting in Saint Jean de Pied de Port in France. I am looking for fellow travelers that will be starting the trek at the same time. As a single female, I am hoping to find a few pilgrims to walk with. Just a heads up I have decided to take a vow of silence for the 30 plus days of my travels, so looking for people who won't mind, no input from me. Oh and no worries regarding how much others like to converse, I enjoy listening to others, and find that the less I talk and the more I listen, the lessons of life are learned so much faster.

Michelle

Hi I am George,
I plan or should I say that I hope to do the Camino in April 2012 which will co-incide with my 64th birthday. I have walked some of the long distance walks in Scotland and will continue to train up for my longest walk yet. I plan to fly from Scotland to Paris and then get either the train or bus to my start point. I will hopefully be able to speak some French and some Spanish before I go and start my walk. I have only recently (Tonight) joined this forum and would enjoy reading what others think. Hope you all enjoy your trips.
George

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
George:

Welcome to the Forum. There is a lot of information to peruse through here. After that, if you have specific questions, there are lots of opinions on the forum.

One idea you might consider is to fly directly to Biarritz. If you can not do it from your home airport it can be done from Stansted in England. This will shorten your travel day by quite a bit.

Ultreya,
Joe

Anyone else planning to start from Irun (to Santo Domingo) April 1, 2012? And then I am planning to continue to Santiago but I think I prefer some company from Irun to Santo Domingo. My walking pace is about 23 km per day. Usually I walk alone but in April it would be good to know there is another pilgrim around since this route is not very popular yet.
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los ... ago/vasco/
el-camino-frances/topic11415.html
http://tourism.euskadi.net/contenidos/i ... terior.pdf
annie

Re: Class of 2012 Help me out

Hi All - This is my first post. In the very beginning stages of planning for a walk in summer of 2012. I could use any advise as I've never travelled alone! Anyone care to join me (from the US - Midwest) in getting there and back?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just a bit puzzled as to how you plan to communicate with people in shops, bars, restaurants etc. also hospiladeros/as. What happens if you need to see a doctor? Are you hoping that some walking companions will do the talking for you?. How will you communicate to them that you wish to walk further or need to stop or anything else? Maybe your decision to "take a vow of silence" needs a bit more thought. A vow is a solemn promise made to God, and normally would not be undertaken lightly.

Buen Camino.

anniethenurse said:
Anyone else planning to start from Irun (to Santo Domingo) April 1, 2012? And then I am planning to continue to Santiago but I think I prefer some company from Irun to Santo Domingo. My walking pace is about 23 km per day. Usually I walk alone but in April it would be good to know there is another pilgrim around since this route is not very popular yet.
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los ... ago/vasco/
el-camino-frances/topic11415.html
http://tourism.euskadi.net/contenidos/i ... terior.pdf
annie

Oh Annie, would love to walk this route but unfortunately enough it will be ten days too early ( work stuff ) for me and a longer stretch than I planned. Hope you find a compagnon for this beautiful route.
So I will stick to the Ingles for 2012.

Monirose:

Welcome to the forum.

It is not difficult to get to and from the Camino. That said, It does require some planning. Some questions? Do you plan to start in SJPdP or another city? If so, you can fly into any of the major cities Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or London. From Barcelona and Madrid you would take a train or bus to Pamplona and then there is a taxi service that can take you to SJPdP. From Paris take the train to Bayonne and then a local train to SJPdP. From London you can train to Bayonne or Fly from Stansted to Biarritz, cab to Bayonne and then the local train to SJPdP. These are just a few thoughts to muddle over. I would be happy to provide more input once you have some firmer plans.

As far as walking alone, there will be many other Pilgrims walking at the same time. Especially in the Summer months.

Ultreya,
Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I plan on walking from St Jean, beginning the first week of September. If anyone else is planning on going at this time, let me know.

Tim

SabineP said:
Oh Annie, would love to walk this route but unfortunately enough it will be ten days too early ( work stuff ) for me and a longer stretch than I planned. Hope you find a compagnon for this beautiful route.
So I will stick to the Ingles for 2012.
Thank you Sabine! You are welcome to join us if you want!!!
So now I will continue planning the Vasco Interior/Tunnel Route in April 1, 2012.
annie

Hello ... my name is Laura and I'm from Arizona. I've been following this forum for some time since I 'discovered' the existence of the Camino. I will be Class of 2012 and it looks as if my dates will be early April thru mid-May ... work constraints keep my time limited. I will probably walk from Pamplona to Santiago. This is in celebration of the start of my 60th decade!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola to all. I'm Steve from Maryland and, with the help of my wife have begun planning my 2012 journey in earnest -- even went to the post office today to apply for my passport. I'm looking forward to flying out in late May to begin my camino in St. Jean, then meeting up with my wife in Paris for a few days after (God willing) finishing. 2012 is the year I turn 50, so why not go big? This looks to be a wonderful forum and I look forward to visiting often!

I booked my ticket last week so dates are set. I arrive in Paris on 13 April, and will spend a couple of days there getting over jetlag. Then I am going by train to spend a couple of days at the home of a Frenchman I met on the Camino in Spain in 2008, and then he and his wife are driving me to Cluny from where I will start walking. I am so looking forward to have someone with me this time to say 'Bon Chemin!" as I start off. I have been told the Cluny route has lots of big ascents and descents so I am practising on some big hills near home already...
Margaret

Kiwi!!! I'm so excited to see your dates are set! Something to really look forward to. I'm still trying to see if there is a way over, for a short one in 2012! Hmm, will just have to see how things go. Thinking if I can it'll be the Ingles this time. Anything longer is going to take me some time to prepare the family for again! Me...I could probably be repacked and walk out the door tomorrow! Sigh!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Texan living in Melbourne Australia.

I accepted a redundancy package and want to take advantage of the time I have by doing the Camino but need to go February/March 2012. I may be able to delay until late March but not longer without restructuring living arrangements.

Anyone out there planning a trip this early? I'm a first time Camino walker and would like some company if possible. I speak Spanish, am pretty good with a map and a somewhat experienced walker.

I'd like to walk the entire route but depending on weather and if I have company will help me determine how far I walk -- I must admit I don't want to tackle a snow storm on my own.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Laura

p.s. Is the Victorian/Australian contingency still meeting? I'd like to meet others doing the Camino if just to share the experience of planning and waiting for the big start.

Hi. My husband and I are from the Philippines and we plan to walk for 5 days (all the time we had) from end-March to early April. We have no idea what would be the best route scenic-wise is, considering our limited time. Appreciate your thoughts and inputs. I've ordered books about the Camino and am excited to receive them next week. We are also willing to put in days with long hours of walking (maybe 30-40km a day) and wonder if this is doable? Is it possible to get the Compostela if we walk for 2 days from St Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona, then 3 days from a town close to Santiago de Compostela? Sorry for all these questions! Excited, nervous and so looking forward to this pilgrimage! Thanks all!

TxnnAU said:
p.s. Is the Victorian/Australian contingency still meeting? I'd like to meet others doing the Camino if just to share the experience of planning and waiting for the big start.
Laura, I have let Janet -from Adelaide- know about your post- as she might well be able to help you with this. She was just rushing out the door for the evening, but she will PM you tomorrow- so watch out for a PM appearing in your inbox.
Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Margaret
great to read you have plans made and dates set. well done, hope it all goes great.
Starting to see a few posts for people going next Spring (northern hemisphere) autumn for us. late march, early april, early may but no posts for late April starts like me - boo hoo - but never mind. now reconciled to solo walking and starting to see the advantages....thanks to all the postings talking about the number of solo female walkers, its very reassuring.
karen

Thanks Karen. Five months today until I leave the country. I have discovered a few creative ways to use the local walkways for hills training just on the edge of (flat) Palmy believe it or not- and two hours worth of such walking feels like a good workout at present! I am excited that I will see a few of the people I met on the Camino in 2008 in my first week in France.
Margaret

Hello all,

Well its a few months away, 2012 that is, i have only just found out about this challange and I am Seriously thinking of doing it. Begining at the end of April until June some time traveling from le Puy to Santiago approximatly 1,600 km.
I was in the RAF Mountain rescue but have let my self go over the last few years and I have lost my way in life so I think this will give me enough time to think and discover myself again. I am looking at selling all my things i dont really need to go on this adventure, then arrive back to an uncluttered life to start again.

I hope to meet up with some of you and talk about our experiances.

Kurt

Hola/Hello: I am a first timer, intending to make El Camino in the summer of 2012 with my wife. We are Puertoricans, yeah. We both teach at different universities. Still curious about were to start, how to budget, and all the etceteras.

Hola: Somos primerisos en este asunto de hacer El Camino. Mi esposa y yo estamos pensando hacer el peregrinaje el proximo verano del 2012, via el Camino Frances. Somos profesores de dos universidades distintas, todavia con mil preguntas sobre fechas, presupuestos y todos los demas etceteras.

Lester y Wanda

Fozzy325 said:
Hello all,

Well its a few months away, 2012 that is, i have only just found out about this challange and I am Seriously thinking of doing it. Begining at the end of April until June some time traveling from le Puy to Santiago approximatly 1,600 km.
I was in the RAF Mountain rescue but have let my self go over the last few years and I have lost my way in life so I think this will give me enough time to think and discover myself again. I am looking at selling all my things i dont really need to go on this adventure, then arrive back to an uncluttered life to start again.

I hope to meet up with some of you and talk about our experiances.

Kurt
Good luck, Kurt, that is a long walk. I intend to do the short walk next summer from Roscesvalles, but am 60 years old... see you in El Camino. Lester

¡Hola fellow peregrinos of 2012!

I'm Kate, 25, from Canberra Australia. I'll be hiking the Camino Frances from SJPP to Santiago (and then on to Finnestre) beginning in late June 2012, not sure of the exact date yet.

I've been drawn to the camino since I first heard of it as a teenager and the pull is getting stronger. I was in Spain earlier in the year and was lucky enough to meet some lovely travellers who had just finished their caminos. Their stories and spirits sealed the deal for me. This is something that I need to do. And soon!

Looking forward to reading all your advice and stories, and chatting with those of you who I might meet on the way :)

Buen Camino!

Kate

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Laura,

I (in Melbourne too, hi!) was originally planning to do the camino in Feb/March next year, but after reading a fair bit about it (and seeing some snow pictures) I decided not to, even though shifting my time meant changing my whole year's plans. I love snow and the cold but am not experienced dealing with it, and I so I found the whole idea too intimidating (even though I too Speak Spanish). Anyhow, I may be being overly cautious! I hope you find a companion and have a great and safe camino!

- caitlin

Well, I'm super excited so I just had to share here - I booked my flights yesterday! I'd already started accumulating my gear but getting the tickets in my hot little hand sure makes it definite. I'll be arriving in Barcelona on April 22 and spending one or two nights there before making my way to Roncesvalles to kick off. My general disposition is sober and rational but I'm feeling very excited and surprisingly emotional about this still somewhat distant adventure... :)

Just booked our tickets for 2012
We'd go tomorrow if we could!! but we don't do winter walking.
Buen Camino everyone

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi everyone,
I am in the UK and am planning to start the Camino at SJPP in mid April 2012, so am busy sorting out my gear and training. The Forum has been very helpful already and it is good to hear how other people have got on. I am really looking forward to meeting other walkers and sharing something special with them.
Best wishes, David .

Via de la Plata here I come. Booking all done. Will start walking from Seville on April 13th so hopefully I will meet a few of you along the way. Would be interested to hear from anyone starting on that day. Sounds like many will be on the Camino Frances.
Buen Camino to All
Heather

Hi Heather (camino07),
I will start on April 13 or 14 in Seville, depending on the time it takes to get from Madrid to Seville and spend a day in Seville. I am a South African, you will recognise me as the 'old man' with a South African flag on his backpack. I intend to go slow this time, I have 60 days to spend on the Camino, 40 days of which will be on the VdLP to Astorga where I will meet a friend to walk to Santiago. . This is my second Camino, the first was the Frances in 2007. We might meet along the way. Buen Camino! Nic

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Caitlin
congratulations on booking those flights! - makes it real doesnt it. Where are you coming from? I will be 2 or 3 days behind you, starting from SJPP - Ive been keeping an eye on the forum for a while and all of a sudden there seem to be lots of posts for people starting in April. Im hoping I will meet some fellow forum members along the way.
karen

I will keep an eye open for you Nic. I plan to book a train to Seville from Madrid to get there on 11th April. Two nights in a Hotel to get over some of the jetlag and then follow Laurie's stages and the CSJ guides or whatever the Camino decides for me. I haven't decided yet whether to walk to Astorga or via Ourense it will depend on my state of mind as I get nearer. I have walked the Frances three times and Portuguese once.
I am enjoying going through the blogs and photos of the VDLP . My biggest fear is getting lost.
Buen Camino
Heather

I am walking my first camino (Francés) the later part of May, 2012. I have been enjoying the Forum comments and guidance that experienced pilgrims share with us "newbies" as we prepare for our experience. I thank you all for your thoughts that are sure to make my camino more enjoyable. I plan to begin my journey from SJPP on either May 23rd or 24th, 2012. Any thoughts about the weather from end of May through June? If coming from the US, do you find it advisable to stay a day or two in SJPP to rest from a bit of jet lag? I am no longer a "spring chicken!" :)
Bozzie

Hello,

I'm Peronel. I'm planning to walk from SJPP leaving either April 14th or 21st. I need to make my mind up on which - unfortunately, I'm not the decisive type.

I've never done anything like this before, and am half excited and half terrified. Can't make up my mind on which of those, either.

Peronel

karennz2012 said:
Hi Caitlin
congratulations on booking those flights! - makes it real doesnt it. Where are you coming from? I will be 2 or 3 days behind you, starting from SJPP - Ive been keeping an eye on the forum for a while and all of a sudden there seem to be lots of posts for people starting in April. Im hoping I will meet some fellow forum members along the way.
karen

Hi Karen!
I'm coming from Australia (if that's how you meant it!). I just moved my flight back a couple of days so I'm getting into Barcelona on the 20th. I'll probably spend a couple of nights there recovering from jetlag/ luxuriating, travel to roncesvalles and leave from there on the 23rd... so I'm guessing I might be a bit far ahead of you! On the other hand, I have very short legs so you may well catch up to me :)

caitlin

Hi! My name is Renee (43 from NYC) and I am starting my Camino on April 15 from SJPDP. This is my first walk and I will be going solo. I'm a bit nervous,(really need to start training!) but incredibly excited and so happy to have found this forum. I've been reading it all week long and there is just so much valuable information. I hope to meet people along the way so please say hi if you see me. And if you want to walk with me a while, I would love the company!

Riseson said:
Hi! My name is Renee (43 from NYC) and I am starting my Camino on April 15 from SJPDP. I hope to meet people along the way so please say hi if you see me. And if you want to walk with me a while, I would love the company!

Hola Renee and welcome to the forum. You will meet new friends and have company walking within the first 1km of your Camino setting out from St Jean - guaranteed!

Buen Camino

John

Hello Rene

63 ( in May) new retiree in West Hartford Ct. I'll be leaving about a month later than you - May 14. I'd love to hear your traveling plans though when you make them. I'll be leaving from SJPdP.

Alan

I love it.... this thread has become so busy lately. So many of us further-away-ers are booking are tickets right now to get the cheaper deals on airfares. I am glad I am going to be part of this group!
Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello ,
I am planning to walk the Camino from SJPP to Antiago starting in Mid April 2012.
I live in Devon , UK, and wondered if I need extra health insurance while on the Camino.
I have already picked up a lot of tips from this forum and am looking forward to meeting
many of you next year.
Best wishes,
David.

yes caitlin, you will be a bit ahead of me - its strange to think of other forum posters ahead and behind, all going in the same direction (a rare occurrence) - and quite a few aussies too as well as a couple of kiwis - happy planning.

Welcome David.
We just had our EC health card and our usual travel insurance to cover health, repatriation, lost luggage, collapse of travel firm etc. Cost for 2 OAPs for 42 day trips is around £120. Cheaper for one specific trip but ours covers multiple trips per year for both of us.
Ask around to check rates. Some organisations offer reduced rates to their members.
Buen Camino

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Oleg. I live in Saint Petersburg and I’m LTC retired. I’m forty seven and I’m going to start my pilgrimage on beginning of May, 2012. Another CO retired is going to accompany me. We decided to accomplish Camino Frances starting from Saint Jean Pied De Port and finishing at Finisterra. Since our main problem is to squeeze the long enough vocation we will have to hurry up and sometime at the double. That means we will have to walk all the distance for twenty eight days. :D :lol:
I have the experience of 25 and 50 kilometers marches through mountains and rough country so I quite realize how it would be. Although our reasons are mostly religious it will be nice to meet different people from different countries and visit the Great Cathedrals and monasteries and of course the famous historical places such as Roncesvalles. :)

So, I hope God and Saint James will help us. God bless you all! Buen Camino! See some of you later.

Hi, all. I'm Mandy, and I've been dreaming of walking the Camino since I studied in Spain in college--I lived in Sevilla January '03-May '04. Obviously I never had enough time off or money to do it at that time, and those things are still challenges, but I'm at a huge transitional point in my life and now just feels like the right time to make this happen. I have real hope of selling a novel soon; hopefully I can make this trip my gift to myself in celebration. I'm graduating with my MFA in writing in January as well, so 'graduation gift to myself' also makes a nice justification. :)

Regardless, I'm trying to sock away whatever I can so that I can do this either in June or September of 2012. I'd love to do May and hit the April fiestas in Sevilla first, but that's probably just not going to be feasible. But hey, a girl can dream.

I'm joining this board so I can collect tips and hopefully meet a few people who will be walking the same time I am. Looking forward to learning more and getting to know you fellow adventurers. Best of luck to all whose travel plans are set, and hope to see you on the way!

hopefully meet a few people who will be walking the same time I am
Interestingly, that rarely happens! Still, you will find lots of information and encouragement on the Forum, so hang around it. Read the FAQ's and the threads for the Camino you plan to walk. Then ask lots of questions. When you get the resulting opinions, compare them to your personal needs, and pick the ones that work for you. There is general agreement that you should do what works for you, not preplanned itineraries or rigid schedules. Be flexible. You will meet dozens, if not hundreds, of fellow pilgrims as soon as you start, so finding a walking partner on the Forum is not necessary. Many pilgrims recommend that you not arrange to walk with someone you do not know; it is likely that your paces and needs will be quite different, perhaps from the beginning, or possibly after you have been walking for a while. Even spouses have found that stresses build when physical and psychological needs are at variance, so do not start with a burden that you may want to shed fairly quickly. The friends you meet on the Camino will understand if you surge ahead, or fall behind. Every day you will find someone to walk with if you do not want to walk along, and you will regularly meet again the pilgrims you have met earlier.

Pack light. Take it easy. Tend to your feet -- they are the only pair that you will be taking with you!

Have fun! Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, I'm a 63 y/o retiree from Sacramento, California, USA. I plan to walk my first Camino Frances sometime in May 2012. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims along the way. I will post more definite plans (dates and locations) as they solidify.

Peace,

Hieu

This has been posted before but is worth repeating.
Remember that if you want to meet fellow Forum members then you can identify yourself by buying and wearing the Forum badge, available from Ivar. Link at bottom of each Forum page.

These are stick/sew-on. I think Ivar was also thinking of smaller pin type badges, but he might not have found anything suitable.

I have just BOOKed my ticket to Biarritz for Monday 7th May 2012. I am Irish and from Dublin

Booking makes my decision real. In 2007 I started from Roncesvalles because I knew no French and was terrified of being in a country on my own where I could not speak the language. I still do not speak French, but have met so many pilgrims who speak neither french nor spanish and they manage.

I really regret not coming over the Pyrenees in 2007 .I'm five years older now and at my age that makes a difference. If I don't do it next year I will never do it . I have 23 weeks to get myself fit and learn some basic French.

Hope I will meet some of you on the Camino

Buen Camino to you all
Lydia

HopefulServant said:
Hola to all. I'm Steve from Maryland and, with the help of my wife have begun planning my 2012 journey in earnest -- even went to the post office today to apply for my passport. I'm looking forward to flying out in late May to begin my camino in St. Jean, then meeting up with my wife in Paris for a few days after (God willing) finishing. 2012 is the year I turn 50, so why not go big? This looks to be a wonderful forum and I look forward to visiting often!

Hi Steve,

I'll also be starting my camino at St. Jean in late May. I'm currently in Sacramento, CA. However, I was at St. Mary's College of Maryland for 4 years. Hope to see you on the trails.

Hieu

adesmar123 said:
Hello Rene

63 ( in May) new retiree in West Hartford Ct. I'll be leaving about a month later than you - May 14. I'd love to hear your traveling plans though when you make them. I'll be leaving from SJPdP.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I'm also 63, having retired a couple of years ago. I will start my camino at SJPP the second half of May. I have not decided on the date yet. I was at UConn and worked in Northeast Connecticut for about 15 years. Hope to see you on the trails.

Hieu

adesmar123 said:
Hello Rene

Alan

Thanks! I am flying into Paris and taking the train down after spending a few days with friends. I hope to spend one night in Bordeaux but not sure yet-may just stay in SJPdP for two nights. Leaving from SJPdP on April 15 and giving myself 40-42 days before taking a train to Madrid to fly home. The only accommodation I have booked is at Orisson. I hear it books fast so I wanted to make sure to do that one at least on day one. After that, I hope I find a spot to sleep! How are traveling?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
JohnnieWalker said:
Riseson said:
Hi! My name is Renee (43 from NYC) and I am starting my Camino on April 15 from SJPDP. I hope to meet people along the way so please say hi if you see me. And if you want to walk with me a while, I would love the company!

Hola Renee and welcome to the forum. You will meet new friends and have company walking within the first 1km of your Camino setting out from St Jean - guaranteed!

Buen Camino

John

Thank you for the nice welcome!!! Really looking forward to my Camino!

I retired in June and will be sixty in a couple of days. I plan to walk from St Jean to Santiago in March/April 2012.

Just wondering why some members of the class are booking their tickets now for the Spring Walk?

Would also like to know when the Pilgrim hostels open after the Winter.

Thanking You

capecorps said:
Just wondering why some members of the class are booking their tickets now for the Spring Walk
For some of us living a long distance away in the world, eg New Zealand, there are cheaper 'Earlybird' fares available now for 2012. Many of us will be booking now to take advantage of those.
Margaret

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We had a flight Centre Expo on two weeks ago in Perth which was absolutely packed with people booking their Early Bird European flights. Place was buzzing.

Would also like to know when the Pilgrim hostels open after the Winter.

Some stay open, those that shut usually open for Easter, 8th April next year. I did the Frances in March/April last year and had no problems finding Pilgrim hostels open. I had to stay in the private albergue in Zubiri and the German hostel in Pamplona but both were good value. At 63 I wasn't doing long days especially at the beginning!
Sue

Hello all, my name is Therese and I plan to walk the Camino Frances in June 2012. I have been planning since this summer and feel so fortunate to have found this forum.

I read two books about the Camino during my holidays and could not get the idea of me doing this out of my head, it's become a kind of obsession. Which I have understood is very common :) .
I hope to see some of you there next summer.

Kind regards Therese

I agree with Margaret. Flights are so very much cheaper if booked well in advance. If you can plan ahead it is well worth while doing so.

Buen Camino to you all
Lydia

Hello fellow pilgrims!
Although I registered with this forum in 2009 and began lurking regularly a couple of months ago, this is my first post. In fact, it is my first post anywhere. I am a 58-year old retired special education teacher, living in Corpus Christi, TX. I made my first Camino the summer of 2003, and walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago de Compostela in 38 days. Today I booked my flight to Madrid for my second Camino. I have been reading like crazy, gathering equipment, and following this forum for awhile now, but today it is official. I plan on starting in St. Jean Pied de Port on or about April 25, 2012. I do plan on continuing to Finisterre and Muxia this time. Last time I had to call it quits in Santiago due to very blistered and bloody feet. Other than that, I did great! I can hardly wait to begin again. It is very exciting to me to have all the pilgrims in this forum sharing the journey. Buen Camino!!

After my 36 days of Camino Frances this year it will be a shorter one next year.
Yeah : just booked my planeticket and first night at a pension in Santander, day after FEVE to Ferrol and hopefully start there 17th of April!

€83,-
Hi everybody,
I see I'm not alone in thinking this would be a great way to celebrate my 60th. I'm planning on starting in Roncevalles in October 2012. I have a lot of work to do! I haven't done serious walking in a few years and never a walk of this length. Anyone in Northern New Jersey who would be interested in training? My game plan is to get fit this winter at the gym and then join a local hiking club here in the spring and summer.
I have known about the Camino for quite awhile but then I saw the film (not very realistic I know) but what really got me thinking is that I have a big birthday in 2012.
Cheers! Joanne

Hi, I 'll start 1 March 2012 in Puente la Reina and hope to arrive in SdC somewhere at the end of the month. My husband will walk the first week with me (but than has to go home to be with our 3 children). So I will walk 3 weeks on my own, which scares me a little. But I'll survive :D

Good luck everyone!

PS: I'm a 44 Dutch woman from Amsterdam

Hello everyone

I'm from Kent in the south-east of England and planning to do my first Camino on the Frances starting in the last week of March 2012 from SJPP. Luckily I can be flexible on my start and end dates so that may change as circumstances dictate. Have wanted to do the Camino for many years and now have the perfect opportunity which I intend not to miss.

In the meantime I'm getting on with my walking training and the most recent lesson has been dealing with blisters picked up while breaking in new boots. :(

Thanks very much to all the contributors to the board - the mine of useful information on here is most welcome to a newbie such as me.

Buen Camino

Kevin

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Greetings to the class of 2012! I am planning my first Camino via the Camino Frances, beginning in late April 2012, starting at Roncesvalles and continuing to Santiago. I'm now in Virginia, USA and will begin training in earnest in early January. Though I have done long walks before (20 miles/day), I'm older now (56) and heavier, and I've never hiked with a pack on my back, so I have lots of challenges to train for. However, I'm convinced that I can do it, and I'm also convinced that this is an important journey for me spiritually. I'm an Episcopal priest, and I've wanted to do this journey for many years. Finally I have reached the time that is right. Blessings on all our preparations! Peace.

Hello,
I will be an old guy from California who will be making his first anything. In this case, the Camino de
Santiago from Roncevalles to Santiago in mid to late May, I hope.

These sites have been fantastic, as have the members and their information. This week I purchased my shoes (Ahnu Moraga Mesh), my backpack (Gregory Z40), and sleeping bag (Mountainsmith Windom).

All the advice about shoes was first rate. I visited various REI's 13 times trying to find the right shoe and on my last visit I ran across the Ahnu and they fit my flat feet perfectly. I have them on now, wearing them around the house, according to my wife's advice.

The advice about weight is almost my mantra. I'm thinking ounces and the packing list suggestions are in my computer and on my flash drive.

Thank you everyone and buen camino.

Charlie

Hi everybody,
It is twelve weeks since anyone posted on this thread!!
How are all your plans going?
I have booked my flight and will arrive in ST.Jean Pied du Port on May 7th. will start next morning and stay at Orisson. I know I could not make it over the Pyrenees in one day so booking into Orisson was essential.
I hope I meet up with some of you, although so far nobody has mentioned similiar dates.
Happy Christmas to you all and Buen Camino.

Silly me. I did not move on to page 2

If I were my mother I would not let me out alone.

Lydia Gillen said:
Silly me. I did not move on to page 2 If I were my mother I would not let me out alone.
lol Thanks for the laugh Lydia :D I do actually have two friends who are starting round about when you are from SJPP. If you meet up with a Kiwi couple from Christchurch, say hi from me!
Margaret

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And on my first post, I've pressed "send" by accident before finishing. lol

I've been lurking so far but I felt compelled to introduce myself now because of reading Lydia's recent post wondering if anone was planning on leaving on the days she is going. I am booked on a flight to Biarritz on May 7th (Ryanair from London). Then on to Saint-Jean to stay the night there (don't know where). Then I too am leaving next morning and I have already booked for May 8 at Refuge Orisson. (I thought to take the advice so many have written here to take my time at the beginning.)

I'm a Canadian guy from Toronto and I will be 45 by next May. This will be my first camino and I am excited but also a bit inimidated. I plan to walk to Santiago then on to Finisterre. I expect to test the limits of my stamina and courage, but I'm going to trust in myself (and the camino) that they will come, if after some struggle at first.

I'm enjoying the planning. I'm going shopping for socks, footwear and pack during the Boxing Week sales next week, then get training. Glad to have found this forum. Cheers, Robert

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Forum. Will look forward to meeting you at Orisson. Have been trying to work out what time you arrive at Biarritz, but cannot find a Ryanair flight from London that day. I arrive at 15.30. So I have a long wait for the train at Bayonne. If there were several of us arriving at the same time it might be worth while to share a taxi to St. Jean Pied du Port .

Good luck with your shopping next week. Take great care when buying your rucksack, after your boots it is I feel the most important piece of equipment.

Being tall is I think a great advantage on the Camino. Your steps are long and so you stroll whilst short people like me take many steps.

Happy Christmas to you and yours

I expect to test the limits of my stamina and courage
I think you can test the courage from the first step, but I recommend saving the stamina part until you have a couple of weeks behind you. Even then, there are perils. I met a man in Calzadilla de la Cueza several weeks into the walk who felt great at 25 km, then 30 km, so tried a 40 km stage. He was down for three days nursing tendonitis, and Calzadilla is not an exciting town -- two empty playgrounds, one bar, and no bus service. I agree "no pain, no gain," but try to know your limit and stay underneath it. Walking a half-marathon a day for a month is not easy, and the repetitive motion hour after hour, day after day, is likely to be something new to you. There may be a point where your body will resent you and call it quits!

Have fun, and buen camino. You will enjoy the challenge.
But science is only starting to systematically study older runners, and not everything that is being learned is encouraging. For instance, a sobering examination of running injuries, published in Current Sports Medicine Reports, found that middle-aged and older runners are much more prone to problems with Achilles tendons and hamstring and calf muscles than their whippersnapper counterparts. A possible explanation for the high rate of such injuries among the post-40 set, the study authors speculate, is that the normal muscle wear and tear “that occurs with training seems to take greater time to repair with aging, and older runners continue running at a frequency similar to that of younger runners.”

So much for age conferring patience and wisdom.

Lydia, my flight from Stansted arrives in Biarritz on May 7 at 15:05, just before yours, so I would be happy to share a cab with you and anyone else to SJPDP. Thanks for the advice about choosing a pack carefully. I plan to take my time and try on quite a few and not necessarily buy next week just because of the sales. I do hope I choose my footwear soon though so I can get walking in my camino shoes (I am leaning more towards shoes than boots.)

Falcon, thanks for the reminder not to over do it but believe me, I am not from the no-pain-no-gain school. Maybe my use of the word "stamina" was misleading because I didn't mean it as a test of (daily) endurance. I plan to take as much time as I need and to enjoy the journey, not hurry to the destination. But even taking my time, I expect I am going to have days when I will feel like giving up. I guess I meant the mental stamina of the challenge, as well as the physical.

Hi

I'm planning to start my 1st pilgrimage (Camino Frances) in September - not sure whether to start early or in the middle of the month. I'm 67 so won't be rushing away at any speed but plan to start training in the New year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012.

David

Merry Christmas to ME!!!

Well, Merry Christmas to everyone on the Forum!

Just opened up my Christmas Vigil card and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A R/T ticket to La Coruna from the USA, departing on the 10th of April...so, I will begin the Camino Ingles on/or about 12 April from Ferrol.

Spanair running a holiday promotional fare of $891.

I am looking forward to seeing several friends when I arrive in Santiago, sadly, I think I'll miss Sabine who's starting a bit later.

For all the New Class of 2012 that haven't walked the Way...you have an exciting adventure ahead of you. I've noticed an increase in the number of Americans actively part of the Class and believe there's a link to the movie "The Way". All I can say is "Come on down!" Please continue to check out the Forum for updates to all the Caminos, whether you're walking the Camino Frances, Portuguese, Ingles, or several of the other caminos...you will be among friends and your experiences will last a life time.

Buen "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" Camino,

Arn

Hello fellow Class of 2012!

This will be my first time doing the Camino. I'm 23 from California, and I've already booked my flight and will be starting the Camino in early June from Porto. I've dreamed about doing this for 4 years after coming across it in a book I once read, and now it feels so surreal knowing it's right around the corner. I'll be going alone but from what I read many people start alone but end in good company so I'm not worried. Soooo hope to see you guys on the way or at the end of the journey in Santiago de Compostela :mrgreen: !!!!

-Michael

Hello everyone! A little introduction on this special day.

I am seriously considering walking the Camino (probably Frances?) in the fall of 2012. I do have an option of taking a guided tour, but that may prove more expensive than finding my own way. I am in good shape as I rely on a bicycle or my two feet for my daily extrusions (with the occasional cheating of public transportation), and would definitely consider my lifestyle somewhat bohemian. I could have easily seen myself happy in the mid-60's and feel I am a flower child born in a later, perhaps wrong, era; I will be turning 33 along The Way. I also do yoga, but I would definitely need to start training and hiking, and am considering buying myself a good hiker's backpack. My itinerary for training is to start to walk two hours a day after the holidays, then slowly increase this time and the weight of my pack.

Though I am used to carrying some weight, as I have spent the past two years reading philosophy at University (which definitely weighs one down), taking a course at a time for personal interest. I have felt the bumps that one may encounter in life, and gone through some sad times, and will always have up's and down's (in solidarity with some of the world's best writers and thinkers). I also have dietary requirements; I am celiac and am a vegetarian (I have found threads concerning both on this site).

I am an avid reader and am considering writing my life-story (thus) on paper this spring. I have always been drawn to travel writers or writers with a philosophical leaning; am currently reading Alan Booth's The Roads to Sata after finishing Will Ferguson's book Hitching Rides with Buddha (which was inspired by reading the first). I am also currently reading Bryson's A Walk in the Woods but, thus far, am not that fond of his style, though I, too, wish to find myself. Perhaps some solitude and time for inner contemplation is the key.

To share a little more about me: I am Canadian from South Western Ontario, approximately a two hour's drive from Toronto (and yes, I plan to join the Canadian Company of Pilgrims in the new year). I live surrounded by books, vinyl, and with the company of my hound dog, an elderly cat, and a menegrie of pedigreed Peruvian guinea pigs (a hobby of mine), and am a single parent with the help of my family and my son's father. I have always found writing to be therapeutic and keep in touch with many long-distance friends.

After reading Steinbeck's Travels with Charley, I began considering a road trip, but again, I live a humble life and do not own a car, and many of my friends are stuck to a 9 - 5 and can't just up and go. Strolling the library aisles, I discovered Andy Merrified's The Wisdom of Donkeys: Finding Tranquility in a Chaotic World, and after thoroughly enjoying walking with Gribouille and Merrifield's beautiful reflections, I decided a month ago to seek a road that I could call my own.

At that time I just so happened to watch a screening of The Way, and though I have traveled some of Europe, I had never heard of the Camino (I do not follow one religious path). After giving it some thought for the past three weeks: well, perhaps this is what I have been yearning for, maybe, just maybe, this "may be it!" I stumbled upon this forum two days ago, and have been thoroughly enjoying reading the threads, but am a little confused with the abbreviations.

I would be doing the Camino on a somewhat tight budget and would be traveling alone, but do meet people easily. Though I live a quiet life at home, I am a talker, have performed on stage, and am very open and honest in my speech and doings; hence meeting others comes naturally.

Is there one or two specific books one would recommend I read? I admit that I have poor map reading skills, but am not afraid to meet a new friend whenever I feel a little lost. I speak English, am highly expressive, and my hand gesturing skills are bar none, Eh.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
2012Pilgrim said:
Hi everyone,

I've spent the whole weekend reading posts on this site. Wow....what a great find!

I am embarrassed to say i knew absolutely nothing about the camino until i saw The Way last week at my church in Southern California (i even got to meet Martin and Emilio!!!). I instantly knew that this was something that i needed to do... and it couldn't have come at a better time in my life. A divine appointment for sure! There will be many tough changes in my life in the next 12 months and this pilgrimage will be a perfect opportunity to get my head straight as i start life over. So... I am planning to walk Camino Frances from SJPDP September/October 2012. See you there!

-2012Pilgrim

Hello I am going to do the Camino next September (or late August) too. Maybe I will see you there.Jennifer2012

¡Saludos desde los EEUU!

My name's Trevor and I'm from Texas, but I go to school in Arkansas. I'm graduating from college in May and I plan to begin the Camino Francés a week afterward, starting in St. Jean Pied de Port and ending in Fisterra by the end of June.

I first heard about the Camino after Pandora played some songs from the album The Road to Compostela by the Rose Ensemble. I had to figure out what this "Compostela" was, and got hooked last year.

This forum has been a great resource for me in planning what to pack and reassuring myself that it CAN be done. I'm excited to move from lurker status to active participant here with this first post!!!

Re: Class of 2012 and Introduction

Hello everyone,

starting the Camino for the second time in early August 2012. I walked from St Jean to Leon last September (2011) after years of promising myself to undertake the Way. Starting again from Biarritz/Bayonne but hoping to walk to St Jean along the . Thanks to this forum, I've found links to a route along the Nive valley but from what I can gather, accommodation along that section is limited and seems to be booked out so now I'm hopeful that someone can advise on wild-camping or alternative places to stay.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jennifer2012, Trevor and Dazzamac...Welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2012!

Your enthusiasm and desire to walk the Way is indicative of the Camino's draw to so many over the centuries. As you now know, if you have a question, or a concern, just post it here and, in short order, a fellow pilgrim will most likely provide an answer, or send you in the right direction.

Keep coming back every few days to read other comments or suggestions and by the time your Camino begins you will be well prepared and walking along the Way. Once on Camino, keep us up to date on your experiences.

Buen Camino

Arn

Hello and happy New Year!
My name is Mike and I'm trying to become a Class of 2012 alumni. I'm looking @ walking the France route maybe as early as April or as late as August. Maybe its natural when thinking about such a journey to ponder the hows and whens, and I do have those questions. However, the more I plan the more I realize the why is more that just a why not. It appears my journey has already begun. I'm kinda curious where it will take me.

M

Hi all members of the class of 2012

My name is Frank I am a early retiree of 56 YO from Melbourne (Franks-town) this will be my 3rd Camino Frances :) I am not sure what the attraction is that has me wanting to do the camino again, and probably again later?

My dates are not yet firm but I am expecting to start from Roncessvale about mid May , flying from Oz via Beijing to Madrid or Barcelona depending on the best airfare deals available? so far Air china is winning plus I can have a stopover to walk a bit of the great wall :)

I am hoping also to find a volunteer hospitalero placement for a week or two? If I can't find a place to volunteer I may cosider waliking the Portuges route from Porto after i complete the french way

I am looking forward to meeting some forum members this time, as I met none in 6 weeks walking 2011, so please purchase you forum badges and put them on your pack :)

to get me in the mood I may just sit down and watch "The Way" Legit bluray copy I purchased in Spain on my last camino

cheers

Frank :p

Looks like I'll be on the Camino Frances from May 28 through June 22 and then again from September 15 through October 3.

Haven't decided where I'll be walking in between, but am looking at Pelgrimspad, Aragones, from Barcelona, and Offa's Dyke.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.