• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2019

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, Class of 2019!

Here’s my plan: Camino Ingles, August 27–September 1; Camino Finisterre via Muxia, September 4–September 9

Anyone else walking around that time for either the Ingles or Finisterre? We will be in santiago from September 3–4.

This will be my first Camino. I can’t wait! My brother and I will arrive in Ferrol on August 26.

Walking Bilbao to Santander on 19th sept for five days only for my first Camino. Very excited and not quite sure what to expect

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can expect to start planning #2! Buen Camino!!

This year's Camino plan is that I will fly from Toronto to Madrid on September 24/25, meet my sister a couple hours after my arrival and the next day we will take a train to Burgos and slowly make our way to Leon or Astorga - she is new to long-distance walking and we will take our time. Then we return to Madrid ~Oct10 and she will return home and I will take the train to Logrono, then walk to Grañon where I will be a hospitalera for the second half of October. (Hooray!) On Nov. 1, I will begin walking toward Ponferrada and somewhere along the way, I will meet up with my Camino2014 friend and we'll walk together again. I return home on November 24...then begin planning my next Camino in Spring 2020.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If any of you Forum Members are going to be in, near or around OVIEDO during my 'base camp' stay of August 2 through 23, please PM and let me know. Meeting other members of this awesome Forum is one of my hearts desire's! ;)

I am back home.
Landed yesterday in Duesseldorf Airport from Porto where I had 2 nice days of relaxing. Went by train back home to Hannover.

Bumped into almost half of my caminofamily staying in Porto. We shared a nice dinner on Monday night.
Laughed a lot, shared memories again and then good-byed.

The whole Camino was deeply impressing, exhausting but, in a way a can't explain, fun thing to walk.
Met so many great, entertaining people with a deeper understanding from almost all over the world.

I sure will recommend to walk the (a) Camino all people who are searching to change for themselves or searching to do a "different" thing.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Planning our first Camino in May 2019, my sister and I are both very excited but also a bit lost in planning this great event. We are both in our 50s and currently not too fit, however we are planning to do something about that.
I am situated in Cape Town, South Africa and my sister in Pretoria, South Africa. We will most probably start in Sarria walking to Santiago de Compostela, doing the Camino France. I am not sure if this is the forum but we would appreciate any advise.
My friend and I did the Sarria to Santiago in May 2019 and it was, without doubt, the best thing that either of us had done in years. We are both much older than you two and are now planning our next Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello, my name is Deborah and I'm glad to be back on this forum. So... I was planning to walk the camino a couple of years ago, asked The Boss if I could take 6 to 7 weeks off and she said yes. Then my husband was diagnosed with a serious disease and I cancelled my plans. He is doing better now so I am training and planning to go this year. Then my boss tells me today that, oops, the max vacation I can take at a time is 2 weeks. I am trying to negotiate an exception but apparently the most anyone has ever gotten is 3 weeks. In fact I have known people who quit to take a longer vacation.

Coming from the west coast of the US so a long and expensive flight, but I am Willing to Do Whatever it Takes. So I am thinking of a series of trips is going to be my best bet. My plan is to walk the CF since it has a larger population and my husband and I will both be more comfortable knowing there will be quite a few people around for the sake of safety.

So my question is: would it be really weird to walk 2 to 3 weeks then go home then come back a few months later and walk a couple more? Disjointed maybe? Or totally awesome? I am 64 yrs old and want to get this show on the road!!!
Deborah,

Hi! I walked the whole Camino Frances starting in September of 2017. I met a good number of people who were only doing "pieces" of the entire Camino. Also, many Spaniards do pieces for the same reason as you are, they can't get enough vacation at one time. Good luck and enjoy. I'm doing the Camino Portuguese this year in late August. When people ask me about the Camino, I always tell them it wasn't "fun" because it wasn't easy, but it sure was enjoyable!

Hello everyone, I just bought my flight tickets for the Camino Português. The sad part about it is that once I purchased my tickets, nothing else matters and all I think everyday is how many days are left to start the Camino (2 months, 23 days and 2 hours:p ...And yes, I downloaded an app to count the days😁)
I’ll start the camino on Sept 13 from Porto. Anyone else heading for the CP at that date?
Hi Moxy! I just may be in Porto around that date. I'm flying Military Space Available, so I don't know for sure when I'll get there, but hope to be in Lisbon by the end of August, which would put me in Porto not far from your date. I walked the whole Camino Frances in 2017 and have been itching to go again for many months now. Hope to see you along the way and good luck!

Good Day fellow Class of 2019 Pilgrims,

I leave SJPdP on 13 Sept (Friday the 13th!) for my first Camino. Flights booked, will spend two nights at Bellari in SJPdP to acclimate (strong recommendation on that albergue on this Forum). I thank everyone with an e-connection for their words of wisdom!

Buen Camino! 😺
Hello! I have been scrolling through the forum for those wonderful words of wisdom, and saw you are starting the same day as I am! Look forward to meeting you!

Betty

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Leaving on September 11 for Madrid for my 2nd Camino, starting to walk from Ponferrada on the 16th. I am a little nervous because 2 years ago my first Camino ended with a 3 day stay in hospital in Lugo. Hopefully this time around all will go well. We shall see.

Leaving Toronto, Canada for my first Camino on August 30th.
Walking from Porto to Santiago.
Still undecided on a route.

How did it go? I am starting in Porto Sep 26. So your info will be current.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello everyone, I just bought my flight tickets for the Camino Português. The sad part about it is that once I purchased my tickets, nothing else matters and all I think everyday is how many days are left to start the Camino (2 months, 23 days and 2 hours:p ...And yes, I downloaded an app to count the days😁)
I’ll start the camino on Sept 13 from Porto. Anyone else heading for the CP at that date?

Moxy,
I am starting in Porto Sept 26.
Love to hear how yours goes as you will be finishing as I start.

After hmm.... 10 years or so of contemplating Im finally in a position in my life where I have the time to finally at least start the Camino. Planning on October 1st departure for Camino Frances from Pamplona. Nervous and excited at the same time.. Really worried how my "havent done physical exercise in a decade and all I eat is crap" - physical fitness level holds up :)

Welcome to the forum @sue_h8 - you are on your way!

You will get lots and lots of different advice on this forum, probably all good, but my advice - buy yourself a ticket to Madrid, returning to Oz no less than 6 weeks later (you will lose at least a week in travelling). Walk the Camino Francés for a first route, starting in St Jean Pied de Port and finishing in Santiago de Compostela. Don't "pick" the best bits - just walk and keep walking.
Welcome Shierly! My friend Francoise and I are planning our first Camino Frances from SJPdP in September. Francoise is from Melbourne and I am from North Queensland, Mackay. Am not able to advise about where you should start and finish but if dates and stars align we may meet. Good luck with your planning and Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back