• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal route weather in October inquiry

hanava2000

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues
I plan to walk Portuguese Coastal route from Porto in the first two weeks of October. What do I expect the weather during that period? Is there a lot of rain? Do the hotels, hostels, albergues still be open? Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Everything should be open but check Gronze.Com for up to date information. As for the weather I think the last few years have proven as climate change continues to ravage our world past performance will not indicate what will happen in the future. Bring a Poncho. But I would recommend that any time of year.

I did the same walk from Porto in Sept/Oct 2019. At that time, the weather during my October weeks = rain, rain and more rain. That being said, it was still marvelous. Just take a good poncho, and quick-drying clothing. Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We walked last October the coast route and the Varient. The was no rain until we got to Spain and it rained the last to days of walking. Lots of sun and su screen in Portugal, I still got sunburned. I can't say what it will be next year. We had all of our rain gear only used it for 2 days out of 14.

Does the chance of rain increase the later you go? I'm looking at the last 2 weeks of October. If you walk Santiago to Porto instead, would that be more strategic weather wise?

Walk prepared. Prepare for every kind if weather. It is part of the journey.
Bom Caminho

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I will be walking the coastal route from Porto to Caminha and then crossing over to Valença to do the central route and then continue on to the espiritual route. I am looking for sauna’s...
We would like to go up to Monte Santa Tregla to see the archiological site, church and view but I do not want to add the 7.2 rt KM to our day (and especially walk the downhill). Does anyone have...
Have just finished my first Camino from Porto (via A Guarda). Happy to answer any questions.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back