• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Colorado-Paris-Lourdes-Santiago-Finisterra/Muxia(?) September-October 2015

camino2015

Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Sept-Oct (2015), Cammino di Francesco May-June( 2017), Portuguese (2019)
My intro: Class of 2015

Tickets, backpack and boots purchased! :) Flying into Paris on 4 September. Short visit in Paris then train to Lourdes (overnight train?) for a couple days. Train to Bayonne then SJPDP on 8 September, unless anyone has a better route I should take?? Staying in Orisson on 9 September and then the long awaited, no reservations, pilgrimage to Santiago. Out to the ocean if we're healthy and whole in Santiago then a few day to relax in San Sebastian before flying home from Bilbao at the end of October!

I've been reading this forum for almost two years now and all your inputs have helped immensely, thank you!

Buen Camino!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
unless anyone has a better route I should take??
Cross the Pyrenees near Lourdes at Oloron-Ste.-Marie to Somport, walk the Camino Aragones to Puente la Reina, and take the Camino Frances from there? Several trains daily from Lourdes to Oloron, or just walk it in about three days.

Falcon,

Thanks for the input, but I was asking more about a different train/bus route to SJPDP or along that route.
I already have a booking at Orisson, so I want to start in SJPDP or just before SJPDP.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I did exactly what you are doing at the start of my Camino in 2013. Had a day in Paris staying close to Montparnasse train station. Visited Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal which is quite close by, train in the morning to Lourdes for a few days. The train to Bayonne then train to SJPDP all very easy. I arrived in St Jean not long after midday if I recall. It was a wonderful beginning for me. Buen Camino.

There is bus service from Puyoo. It might be more time efficient than travel from Lourdes to Bayonne.

Transports64
http://www.transports64.fr/transports-64?lang=fr

Whariwharangi,

Thank you for the information.

Looking at the timetables it appears to be about the same timing. For anyone looking here are the details I found:

Train from Lourdes-Puyoo, then bus Puyoo-St Palais, bus St Palais-St Jean and arrive around 12:15. This appears to be cheaper as the train in May (schedule doesn't currently go to September) is about 16.80€. Both buses say they are 2€.

The train from Lourdes-Bayonne, then the Line 62 from Bayonne-SJPDP arrive 1225 but it is now saying by car. First train 19€, second train 10.10€.
Did they stop the intermediate change from train to bus at Cambo-les-Bains?
Does anyone know when the Autumn train schedule is available to view/purchase tickets? I hear about 3 months, but they seem to be advertising through August for summer tickets right now (April).

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Whariwharangi,

Thank you for the information.

Looking at the timetables it appears to be about the same timing. For anyone looking here are the details I found:

Train from Lourdes-Puyoo, then bus Puyoo-St Palais, bus St Palais-St Jean and arrive around 12:15. This appears to be cheaper as the train in May (schedule doesn't currently go to September) is about 16.80€. Both buses say they are 2€.

The train from Lourdes-Bayonne, then the Line 62 from Bayonne-SJPDP arrive 1225 but it is now saying by car. First train 19€, second train 10.10€.
Did they stop the intermediate change from train to bus at Cambo-les-Bains?
Does anyone know when the Autumn train schedule is available to view/purchase tickets? I hear about 3 months, but they seem to be advertising through August for summer tickets right now (April).

The last time I looked the trip from Bayonne is by Autocar (bus) for the entire journey. The information on route 62 is in constant flux. It doesn't matter to you; there will be reliable transport from Bayonne to SJPdP.

I would not rely on any schedule being complete more than 30 days in advance of travel.

There is no value in getting tickets for TER services in advance of travel. A reservation cannot be made. You can purchase a ticket that is good for 90 days.

You might get tickets in advance for the Lourdes to Bayonne section ... but only if your train is an intercites train.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back