• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Could I use a buggy/stroller on the Santiago to Finisterre route?

Mhcamino

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean Pied de Port to Estella 2017
Estella to San juan de ortega
Hi I completed the French route in 2021 but would love to walk the last few days to Finisterre. This time I will have a 7/8 month old baby with us. What is the terrain like? Could I use a walking buggy/stroller or would I need to carry him in a carrier everyday?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi I completed the French route in 2021 but would love to walk the last few days to Finisterre. This time I will have a 7/8 month old baby with us. What is the terrain like? Could I use a walking buggy/stroller or would I need to carry him in a carrier everyday?
I estimate that about 45% of the route is by natural pathways, through woodland, fields etc,. quite hilly in spots.. perhaps you could do a push and carry depending on the terrain?....be careful....

Having just completed Santiago to Finisterre (and Muxia) in May, my recollection is that there was a fair amount of paved roads along the route and that many of the unpaved paths could possibly be covered with a stroller, but as noted there are some hilly spots. The first part of stage leaving Santiago is probably not well suited to a stroller as I recall the terrain through the woods as being more uneven. So a combination of both is likely necessary, but a carrier is likely not needed for long stretches where the stroller can handle the terrain (I would think larger wheels with a thick tread would be better than most “travel” strollers for this purpose, but you may want to try yours on uneven paths to see how well it works). Also, at 7/8 months you’ll need to know that your baby’s neck is strong enough at that age to support his/her head while being in a carrier for extended periods over rough terrain and might want to consider checking with your pediatrician about how long an infant can remain in a carrier and if any precautions needed to make sure the baby stays well hydrated.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you so much for your honest replies. These are all things I will need to consider as babies safetly is foremost importance. If I feel it isn't doable I won't go

I most certainly DO NOT knock down what everyone said above. I will absolutely agree that departure from SdC going uphill and that descend after Corcubión into See will present, shall I say, challenges (plus IIRC the Negreira - Olveida stage, however you decide to walk and\or break it down, has its share of ups and downs).

That said during my Francés walk I came across a German couple with 3months old - we did Pyrenees together, last I saw them was IIRC in Los Arcos, then I moved on forward; and an American couple with a 4yo and a 6mo old shortly before La Faba - so the Famous O'Cebreiro asend
Both couples were using buggy/strollers and both made Santiago... and IMHO the challenges of Camino Finisterre pail in comparison

And THAT SAID, ultimately it's your decision all in all considering

Good luck and Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.