• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CP and Storm Henri.

Alan Davies

Time of past OR future Camino
SJpdP to Burgos and León to S de C. and Finisterre2012. Lisboa > Porto 2013. Porto to S de S C Sept 2015
Hi. Anybody walking near Porto Airport on 15 Sept? Last year I started the CP from Liboã in a rainstorm. I land at Porto tomorrow 15 at 09.30 hrs and will be joining the caminho at Moreira and walking to São Pedro de Rates and walking with Rainstorm Henri which I'm told will be hitting Porto area tomorrow, luckily with the wind at my back. Anybody want to hold my hand incase we get blown away! I'll be the grumpy old man under a black poncho. Alan

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Gosh, Alan, maybe a slight delay in starting off on the CP would be in order! Take care, and Buen Camino!

Alan you might run into a group of 3 Germans. Gert and Andrea Kleinsteuber and friend. Please say hi from me. They have been on the Portugues from Porto for 2 days coastal then interior. They reported terri le weather and terrible walking conditions from the coast to the interior. Slippery cobblestones and crazy drivers. They said it was dangerous. Cheers Gitti

I left Porto today (by train! My Camino starts closer to the border) and it was very wet and windy. I saw quite a few miserable looking pilgrims. I hope it dries up for us all soon!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Belated thanks for your comments, just arrived home. Took metro for 4 stops from airport to interior route and walked to Rates that day. I was born and bred in the wilds of North Wales so the wind and rain was like being at home! Hardly saw anybody Second day onwards NO rain and great company of international pilgrims. Had to be in S de C by 7 am 25th to fly to Ibiza for a walking holiday:) with friends.

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.