• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial stamp in Salamanca

gns

Time of past OR future Camino
Ciudad Real to Medina Del Campo - Sep 2023
A small question. If anyone can help I will be grateful.

I am arriving in Salamanca on March 25 and will start walking on the 27th.

Can I get a stamp from the cathedral on the Saturday (26th) even though I won;t actually have started or do you need to wait until your first stop on the actual Camino.

I would very much have liked to start in Seville but unfortunately time is limited.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who has posted info on the VDLP, which has been very useful in planning my own Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have been to Salamance before, but not as a pilgrim, so I feel qualified to answer ;-) Yes, you can get a sello/stamp the day before. If you speak Spanish just tell them to date it a day ahead. If you don't speak Spanish just say "No fecha por favor" and they will not date it and you can pencil the date in yourself.

Hope that helps and Buen Camino, SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Can I get a stamp from the cathedral on the Saturday (26th) even though I won;t actually have started or do you need to wait until your first stop on the actual Camino.

I would very much have liked to start in Seville but unfortunately time is limited.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who has posted info on the VDLP, which has been very useful in planning my own Camino.
Yes. Go to the Cathedral - the tourist area at the entrance will give you one. Otherwise there are helpful officials walking about most of the time, and particularly before and after Mass (Mass times advertised at entrance).

Yes. Go to the Cathedral - the tourist area at the entrance will give you one. Otherwise there are helpful officials walking about most of the time, and particularly before and after Mass (Mass times advertised at entrance).
Ah - just thought...it will be Good Friday: no Mass but Good Friday liturgy. I imagine the Cathedral Tourist Office/shop will be open nevertheless.

Would you not consider starting in Seville and coming back at another time to finish it? It seems a shame to miss the walk from Seville to Salamanca, much of which is beautiful.
Buen Camino
David

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the kind replies.

This is a first for me so I wanted to finish in Santiago.

I also visited Caceres and Merida a few years ago, so the places I most want to visit along the way are are Salamanca and Zamora.

I hope to be able to do a full Camino some time in the future.

Regards

Hi gns,
I also will be starting in Salamanca, but in October. I very much would like to hear about your experience. Please post during or after your Camino or private message me. Buen Camino!

Hi gns,
I also will be starting in Salamanca, but in October. I very much would like to hear about your experience. Please post during or after your Camino or private message me. Buen Camino!
Will do although I will probably make notes along the way and post afterwards (mainly for things where I think things have changed from my guide and what I have read here) .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Will do although I will probably make notes along the way and post afterwards (mainly for things where I think things have changed from my guide and what I have read here) .
Thanks- Buen Camino!

Big change of plans - I will be starting a few days after you. I arrive Salamanca 3/30 and start walking 3/31. I won't catch up with you because I am a slow walker. I hope to get to Santiago on 4/20 and to Muxia 3-4 days later. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

One reason for me choosing the VDLP is to avoid the constant stress of the bed race on the busier routes. Alas I haven’t escaped it. Literally every bed (that I’m able to contact) is full from...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...
(Live on the Camino, but I don't know how to post with that tag) The Camino Sanabres winds through small stone villages and along vast green pastures rimmed in stone walls. Sometimes you walk on...
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back