• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

credencial stamps

paddy25c

i have heard that you can get a stamp for your credencial @ the guinness brewery in dublin , is this true , i'ed like to get one if i could for the craic

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In the middle ages , before there were airplanes, pilgrims from Ireland went by sea. Those in the South of the country got a ship from Dingle to La Corona.

Those from Dublin used to gather near one of the city gates until there was a group and then they walked together down to the port to get their ship. A Church was built nearby known as St. James' Church.

The gate they waited at became known as St. James Gate. Nowadays there is also a large hospital nearby St. James' Hospital.

Guinness Brewery bought the land inside the gates and established their brewery there. At the reception kiosk just inside the Gates it is possible to get Your crediantial stamped. You can also get it stamped in St. James Church. I got sellos in both places in 2007.

Now at some stage I heard some rumor that Diagio who now own Guinness were no longer stamping credentials, I just don't know. You could phone them 01 453 6700.

Have just phoned them It is very early Sunday morning now!!! Office hour Mon to Fri 8.00 to 6.00

FRiends of St. James in Ireland always have a special Mass in St. James Church on the Sunday nearest 25th July

Buen Camino

Lydia

What about Jameson! Something for those who find themselves in San Juan de Ortega on a cold Spring night. They should be encouraged.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
That's handy to know. Thanks. I'll pop down tomorrow & get the stamp. I got my pilgrim's passport from the church next door. Only 12 days until I start my hike.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I noticed this on an Irish pilgrim's blog:

"I got my pilgrims passport in Dublin and had it signed at Guiness brewery, St James Gate which is the official starting place for Irish pilgrims. I then go and follow tradition and proceed to the Brian Boru pub in Glasnevin to have a pint or two and to have the second stamp put on my passport from the Brian Boru pub. With the blessings of St James and Brian Boru (Irish hero) behind me I am now ready to begin the walk."

So...there is more than one tradition it seems. You go to a beer factory to get the first stamp and then you go to a pub and drink beer to get the second stamp.

I'm starting in Dublin next time!

I will be going to Dublin after I finish walking the Camino at the end of October to run the Dublin Marathon, will I be able to get my Camino Passport stamped even if I am not from Ireland? I do plan on visiting and enjoying some refreshment at several pubs while in Dublin.

Kennedy. ( a good Irish name )

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Kennedy1 said:
I will be going to Dublin after I finish walking the Camino at the end of October to run the Dublin Marathon, will I be able to get my Camino Passport stamped even if I am not from Ireland? I do plan on visiting and enjoying some refreshment at several pubs while in Dublin.

Kennedy. ( a good Irish name )

I just went to the Guinness Storehouse this week & got my pilgrim's passport stamped. They don't ask any questions. Just show them your passport at the reception desk in the Storehouse & they'll stamp it for you. No problem. Enjoy your visit to Dublin & good luck in the marathon.

ok i got my crendencial from society of st james in dublin , but its the booklet version , is there anywhere i can get the fold up version , i'd like to frame it when (if) i finish

geordie63 said:
I just went to the Guinness Storehouse this week & got my pilgrim's passport stamped. They don't ask any questions.
Did you get yourself a pint of beer?

paddy25c said:
ok i got my crendencial from society of st james in dublin , but its the booklet version , is there anywhere i can get the fold up version , i'd like to frame it when (if) i finish
I've got my fold-up version from this web site!! Click on the link and send the nice gentleman a small donation.
Have a look at the bottom of the page....
Buen camino!
Stephen
http://www.calig.co.uk/camino_de_santiago.htm

Did you get yourself a pint of beer?[/quote]

Had more than one. Any excuse for a beer. :D Heading to the airport tomorrow morning to start my Camino. At least the weather is supposed to be good this coming week in the Pyrenees. Exciting times!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
paddy25c:

There is a link to Peterborough Pilgrims, who offer a free credencial, at the bottom of each page of the forum. Underneath the notice about the Pilgrim Forum Badge.

I haven't sent for one so I can't tell you what it looks like but they are supplied by the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela and are original and authentic credenciales.

In case you can't find it, here is the link to their blog.

http://peterbros-pilgrimcredentials.blogspot.com/

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back