• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencil in Zamora

Blindi

Hi my name in Belinda, I live in Adelaide and i am in my early 50's.
I am flying out on Oct 1st to start walking from Zamora. This is my first camino and i am one of the slowest walkers i know. Does anyone know where i can get a credencial in Zamora
Thanks for any informtion

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would ask at the Cathedral.
Also, my 2005 Confraternity of St James guide says there is a refugio being built in the building adjoining the church of San Ciprano. Ask at the refugio, and at the church.

Good luck.
David, Victoria, Canada

Pilgrimage is not a race and no prizes are given for the first to arrive. It is the taking of each step with a grateful heart that we get the most out of the Camino. You will do great and you will finish well. Never stop taking the time to smell the roses along the way, meet the people, and take the time to remember all of your blessings.

Bon Chemin,

Michael

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We got our stamp in one of the churches in the old town and I think it was Santiago, I will check this evening and confirm. I think a stamp will not be difficult to find in Zamora and the refugio, tourist office, policia local are always possibilities.

The Zamora refuge was finished and opened up last year, and it is a beauty! You can get a credential there... it is very near the cathedral, tucked up against the old city wall.
Enjoy this beautiful, elegant little city, one of Spain´s hidden jewels! The long string of Romanesque churches is kept OPEN for visitors almost every day, and don´t forget to step into the parador for a drink, where you can check out a fine Renaissance palace courtyard.

Have a glass of tinto de Toro for me.
Rebekah

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was able to spend several days in Zamora when my foot gave out on my Vdlp last April. I thought I was being very clever to plan my arrival for a Monday evening, so that on Tuesday I could visit all the romanesque churches. After all, all churches in Spain are closed to visitors on Monday, right? WRONG, not in Zamora. There is a list of, I think, of about 10 churches, and half are closed on Monday and half on Tuesday. This is a good thing, because it means that the Monday visitors won't be shut out of all the spectacular romanesque churches in Zamora. And spreading them out over several days was a much smarter thing to do anyway, I would have overdosed if I had insisted on visting more than 10 churches in one day!

If you go, don't miss the tiny church of Santiago de los Caballeros, from the 11th century. The capitals are really beautiful, and supposedly El Cid spent hours here in prayer. It's about a 10 minute walk from the walls if you leave near the cathedral, so it's not right in the center but it is definitely worth a visit and some quiet minutes sitting and breathing.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Rebekah's description of Zamora as a "hidden jewel." I was forced to slow down and enjoy since I couldn't walk much, and I have to say I was really awed by the beauty of this small city. It has a great ambiente, in my opinion, some pretty decent food, and many beautiful old streets and buildings. A few very nice museums, several shaded green plazas with plenty of benches, a library with plentiful interenet, a very helpful tourist office -- what more could you ask for?

I did not stay in the albergue since I had stopped walking (but the parador had a great price of 60E a night :D -- not bad for a room in a Renaissance palace). Actually, the albergue is right around the corner from the parador, and the parador's outdoor terrace, which looks out on the river, has a nice bar for a drink.

Laurie

William Marques said:
On checking I found that we had our credencial stamped at the church of San Pedro and San Ildefonso.

It looks that the local association that was running this albergue has finished his work because some problems with local major.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.