• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Current difficulty for ExpressBourricot

Meredith1

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2012
I'm working on details for getting from Madrid to SJdPP (arriving Madrid Sept. 4, 7:10 a.m) and learned from an e-mail from L'Esprit du Chemin about some legal problems for ExpressBourricot:

"www.expressbourricot.com is having some problems with the rules in Spain. After 9 years of working they found a rule in the law to stop her doing this ... she's going to court with it now .. so unsure at the moment, but september is still far away. So if not possible with the conda-bus you've to take a regular taxi ... you can find other pilgrims to share the cab and the price on our website, please let us know."

Does anyone know anything else about this? After doing such checking as I have done, even if Bourricot were operating then, I assume I'll need to spend a night in Madrid or in Pamplona in order to get to St. Jean in time to be admitted to L'Esprit (no reservation if arriving too late for dinner).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From Pamplona to Roncesvalles:
SERVICIOS OFRECIDOS
Línea Roncesvalles. Camino de Santiago

Autocares Artieda presta un servicio especial a Roncesvalles, exclusivo para los peregrinos del Camino de Santiago:

HORARIO DE INVIERNO (Desde el 1 de sept. hasta el 30 de junio)

Pamplona - Roncesvalles

- Lunes-viernes: 18:00 h
Salida de la Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona
C/ Yangüas y Miranda, 2 Pamplona (Centro ciudad)

- Sábados: 16:00 h
Salida de la Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona
C/ Yangüas y Miranda, 2 Pamplona (Centro ciudad)

- Domingos y Festivos: No hay servicio

Roncesvalles - Pamplona
- Lunes a sábado: 09:20 h (Salida de Roncesvalles)
- Domingos y Festivos: No hay servicio

Preguntas frecuentes:
- El trayecto tiene una duración de 1 hora y diez minutos aproximadamente.
- El precio es de: 6 euros / pasajero 6 euros / bicicleta

Pasajeros:

Se puede comprar billete para pasajeros en la taquilla única de la estación de Autobuses ó por Internet (Web: http://www.autobusesdenavarra.com)
En el caso de compra por Internet, deben presentar, directamente en el autobés, el número localizador ó justificante de pago generado en la compra.
En el caso de compra en la taquilla de la estación:
Durante los meses de Abril a Septiembre, debido a una mayor afluencia de peregrinos y con el fin de no tener problemas de disponibilidad, es aconsejable llegar con una hora y media ó dos de antelación a la salida ( sin que esto sea garantía de disponibilidad )

- Bicicletas:

No se puede hacer reserva por Internet. Deberán facturarlas en ventanilla única de la estación el mismo día del viaje. Solamente tendrán que desmontar la rueda delantera y las alforjas.
El tener billete para el pasajero adquirido por Internet no garantiza sitio libre para la bici, por lo que, igualmente, aconsejamos llegar con tiempo a la estación.

- No se admiten anulaciones ni cambios de fecha
- Tampoco se realizan devoluciones de las compras por Internet.
From there you may be able to get a taxi.

TAXI DE AURIZBERRI-ESPINAL
Localidad: Aurizberri-Espinal
Telfono: 649 72 59 51

TAXI EN ZUBIRI
Localidad: Zubiri.
Telfonos: 948 30 40 06 y 948 30 40 67

Thanks for that information, Falcon.

Here's more from Caroline in an e-mail I received this morning:

Hello,
that's right. I need a new licence for the transport from Spain to France, and i will take it during the winter. So, on september, it won't be ok, it will be ok for next year.
There is a daily bus at 14h00 from the bus station of Pamplona to go to St Jean Pied de Port. The company is Conda.
Buen camino!!
Caroline

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow! thats was great info, just in time for a change of plans, my wife is coming along just to see me off (Oct) and was planning to get a ride to Pamplona from SJPDP. Thanks for the info.

Zo

zzotte said:
Wow! thats was great info, just in time for a change of plans, my wife is coming along just to see me off (Oct) and was planning to get a ride to Pamplona from SJPDP. Thanks for the info.

Zo

You're welcome! I've been trying to pull together my first few days' plans, and struggling a bit because of the bus changes -- glad to have helped someone else, too. :)

Hi Meredith1,

We, too, are now scrambling after a reply from Caroline. We're flying into Madrid am Sept 4, then taking 10:30 train to Pamplona, getting in at 1:40. I don't have a lot of faith that we can catch a taxi from the train to Conda/bus station in 20 minutes for the 2:00 departure to SJPDP. That will leave us training at 6pm to Roncevalles than taxi to SJPDP. Could be late. Have res at Orisson the 5th. Anyone else in the same situation? Want to share a ride from Pamplona on Sept 4? Nubblemt.

"You can't always sometimes tell what you least expect mostly."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I too now have a ticket into Mardrid arriving 7:10A on Sept 4th. Thanks for the infomation.
I will happily join up with any others to get to Pamplona, Roncesvalles and hopefully SJPP.
I will be traveling by bicycle and would not be terribly upset to start in Roncesvalles rather than SJPP.
Pat S

In another thread, I've posted that I'm going to spend the night of the 4th in Pamplona and then on the 5th get the 2 pm bus for SJdPP. That will give me a bit of time to adjust. I'll spend the night of the 5th at L'Esprit du Chemin, and then head on from there, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, as we say here in S.C.

We are also in the same situation, as Caroline has cancelled our pickup from Pamplona to SJPP on 28 August. Just double-checked the train schedule from Madrid that morning and it seems the 10:30 train to Pamplona now shows leaving at 11:35 and not arriving into Pamplona until 2:40pm. So no way to catch the Conda bus :( . We have already booked L'Esprit du Chemin for 8/28 and Orrison for 8/29. Suggestions?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Nubblemt: You say "That will leave us training at 6pm to Roncevalles than taxi to SJPDP." You should know that there is no such train.

eunivers said:
...the 10:30 train to Pamplona now shows leaving at 11:35 and not arriving into Pamplona until 2:40pm. So no way to catch the Conda bus :( . We have already booked L'Esprit du Chemin for 8/28 and Orrison for 8/29. Suggestions?

This far ahead, I believe you can change reservations without a penalty; somebody correct me if I'm wrong. L'Esprit du Chemin has reserved space for me w/o asking for a deposit; Orrison, of course, bills via Paypal; you could check their policy, as I will do also. If it suited you to stay the first night in Pamplona, you could then easily get the Conda the next day - that's my plan, and Hemingway Hostel is where I'll make my reservation.

Thanks Jeff001. The train reference was my mistake, meant bus.

Meredith and Pat S. Any thoughts on sharing a taxi/van (bike on top) from Pamplona to SJPDP when we all arrive mid-afternoon on the 4th? If I've read other threads correctly, it's about 90 min and costs a total of c.100E. Anyone else done this before and can offer advice/suggestions? If interested, maybe PM us. Otherwise, we may simply stay at Hemingway (already booked) on the 4th, then Espirit Chemin the 5th, and on from there. Nothing wrong with a leisurely start!

Thanks to all.

"All things come to those who order hash."

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back