• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Day trips from Santiago?

Appalachian

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2015
had to end my Camino a week early due to fall (broken nose and hand) outside Trabadelo. Have a week in Santiago before flight to Madrid and back to USA. Wondering if anyone knows of a day trip to both Finisterre and Muxia--or best to take separate trips on two days via public bus.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry to learn of your accident. In Santiago go to the Tourgalicia/Galicia tourist office at 30/32 rua do Vilar near the cathedral. They have lots of info re tours and their multi lingual staff is always most helpful.

To do both towns in one day would require a lot of bus and bus transfer time. You can take a bus to Fisterra and stay the night. The next day you can take a bus to Cee and transfer to the bus to Muxia, and stay the night in Muxia. The next day, take the bus back to Santiago. I liked the Hotel Finisterre at about 35E per night. In Muxia, the Bela Muxia is a very nice albergue http://www.belamuxia.com/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
had to end my Camino a week early due to fall (broken nose and hand) outside Trabadelo. Have a week in Santiago before flight to Madrid and back to USA. Wondering if anyone knows of a day trip to both Finisterre and Muxia--or best to take separate trips on two days via public bus.
I've finished my Camino about two weeks ago and spent about 3 days in Santiago. I went on a guided daytrip to Finisterre and Muxia with an excellent guide who told us a lot about the history of Galicia etc. Can't remember Co name, but we met the bus in front of the Universal Hotel on Plaza Galicia and at Reception they will be able to give you the Co name, but also at the tourist offices. Their tours is everyday from about 9:30 to 18:30 and it was well worth the money, as we had plenty of times to visit Muxia and Finisterre's historical sites, as well as other interesting places, also the biggest Horreos in Galicia!, and it cost me 49 euros.

There was a New Zealand couple who arranged a trip to an Island off the coast, can't remember the name of it but I assume if you go to any of the ticket places they could verify.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
MTtoCamino may be refering to the isles of Cie, off the coast of Vigo. The Guardian has named one of its beaches as the best in the world, and the archipelago is now being considered as a world heritage site.

Or, if you can find a flight to Madrid, or want to take the bus, just go to Madrid, spend 2 days there and then a day trip to Toledo, etc.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Albergue Seminario Menor offers a bus tour to Finisterre and Muxia. I took it on Saturday, 30 May 2015. At that time, only Saturday tours were offered, but it may have changed.

The tour was 40€ , less expensive than the prices I saw on fliers at the Santiago tourist office. The tour was well organized, with a good selection of stops, adequate time at each stop, and no pressure to buy something. At Finisterre we had a lunch stop and the guide provided suggestions on what we might want to eat. But we were free to go to any restaurant we wished.

The guide spoke in two languages, Spanish and English, and at times it seemed rushed, because by the time she finished we would have passed the attraction. She tried her best, and sometimes interleaved her statements when there was something particularly interesting.

I recommend this trip.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.