Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

do i need a thermarest ?

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Bedbug

I started last year in mid-August in SJPdP. I got a bed every time even if I arrived late in the afternoon in the albergue. So my personal opinion is that a thermarest is not necessary.

But just for the case I will take a sleeping pad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mattress.jpg) with me. It is not as comfortable as a thermarest but it has less weight. But I'm quite sure that this time it will be also totally unnecessary.

D

Deleted member 397

Last year from Le Puy to SDC I met many people who had thermarests-I never saw anbody use them. This year on the VDLP of the few people I met many had them, no body used them but did have problems when it rained because their poncho/backpack cover could not accommodate the thermarest. Remember the mantra "if in doubt leave it out"

ksam

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Was the only thing I totally ditched in May!! Mailed a few items home...but the sleeping pad...Bye Bye...just left it in Redondela!! Omar is totally correct...when in doubt...leave it out cause finding the Correo to mail it home can be time consuming! Best of Luck, and Buen Camino, Karin

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads