• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Documentary about the theft of the Codex Calixtinus in 2011

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
RTVE have made a 3-part documentary about the theft and recovery of the cathedral's Codex Calixtinus in 2011. Available to watch online through their RTVE Play service. There is an option to view the programmes with subtitles in Spanish or English.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
RTVE have made a 3-part documentary about the theft and recovery of the cathedral's Codex Calixtinus in 2011. Available to watch online through their RTVE Play service. There is an option to view the programmes with subtitles in Spanish or English.

Just finished watching episode 1. It is amazing. Wonderful footage of Santiago, the Cathedral, the lit Torre del Reloj (2011 was a Holy year). Mystery & intrigue.
Thanks Bradypus for finding this.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Oh dear, I ought to be doing other things, but have been watching the first episode! Thanks for posting. Usually I prefer something more factual and less dramatic, but once I started watching I wanted to find out... next episode at another time! 😇

RTVE have made a 3-part documentary about the theft and recovery of the cathedral's Codex Calixtinus in 2011.
I am half way through episode 2 and totally hooked! You couldn’t make this stuff up. That said, I’m having a lot of trouble streaming - it freezes constantly. Maybe too many forum members watching?;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Miguel_gp: Watched all 3 tonight. A very revealing watch and I'll leave it at that.
Peregrino Paul: After watching the rest of it, I think I might too.
Ditto. Immediately raises many logical questions that are left unanswered and raises multiple accountability and ethical questions.
Episode 1 has beautiful misty footage of Santiago and the cathedral. Documentary opens many cans of worms. Wonder what the lawyers on this Forum think of this, though it is likely a spiral side trip.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Bradypus, many thanks for the heads-up on this. Really do appreciate it. Watched the first episode and thought it was excellent. An intriguing and barely credible story told by the people who were there at the time. Great stuff.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.