A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Does this camino have a name?

Bert45

Camino(s) past & future
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
I think you meant from O Cebreiro - Pedrafita to Lugo.
I don't think there is a marked Camino there. The valleys are "occupied" by the highway A6 and must not be easy to perform a camino.

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
I found a postcard that I bought in 2003 on my first camino, the Francés. The postcard shows northern Spain and a route marked as the "Camino de Santiago". It starts in Candanchú, then San Juan de la Peña, Javier, Burgos, León, Astorga, Ponferrada, Lugo, Santiago. I recognise that Candanchú is on the Aragonés, and San Juan de la Peña is a diversion from that route between Jaca and Puente la Reina de Jaca. But I've walked the Francés three times and never gone from Ponferrada to Lugo. From Lugo it's the Primitivo to Santiago. Does the route from Ponferrada to Lugo have a name?
Aragonés, the Spanish end starts in Somport, San Juan de la Peña and Javier are actually detours. Joins Frances near Eunate. Beautiful late summer Camino

Bert45

Camino(s) past & future
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
Thanks to all who replied. Thanks especially to Martyduc for giving me a name. The cities/towns I mentioned are the only ones identified on the postcard. I walked from Lescar in 2018, and regret missing San Juan dlP. Google Maps indicates that you can walk from Ponferrada to Lugo, passing through Pedrafita (do Cebreiro) rather than O Cebreiro.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock