• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Donde? Any suggestions on routes / legs for 7 days

Malcolm C

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino De Santiago
Hi all, I will be Walking on my second Camino starting 1st June, however unlike last year having walked the entire French route, I have only 7 days to walk this year.

I’ve been sizing up starting at SJPDP and trying to get to Burgos say, and then either bus or train to get a plane back to the uk.

Any suggestions of other routes and start or finish destinations that might fit that time scale? I’m trying to actually have 7 days to walk with a day either end for travel to and from if that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance

Mal

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My brother and I will have 8 walking days in September. Here are a few of our ideas: SJPdP to Logroño, O’Cebreiro to Santiago, the entire Camino Ingles, Sarria to Fisterra. Ending in Santiago or Logroño might make it easier to get back to the UK. hope this helps narrow it down a bit. Buen Camino!

You don't say where you're flying from in the UK - no biggie, but might be relevant to work out whether they have a direct flight from where you are to some point on one of the caminos. For example, my nearest airport has cheap flights to places like Santander and Porto; it's usually a quick plane ride in the evening and then I can start walking (on the Norte or Portugues) the next day. After 7 days walk you're usually only an hour or two away by bus, so it's easy enough to head back to the starting point. SJPDP can be quite a hassle to get to, unless you're flying to Biarritz... why waste 2 full days travelling if you can land somewhere closer - and possibly get to experience a few days on a new camino path?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks all, some great suggestions there, I live in South Wales just now so Bristol to Bilbao is a direct flight, so I think if I bus it down to Logrono I can walk to Leon and exit home from there, I know the train is direct to Madrid from Leon so that’s an option.

The only thing missing of course is mountains... but hey you can’t have it all with 7 days :-(

Mal

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
you could do porto-Santiago in a week. You also get a compostela for the San Salvador (Leon-Oviedo), there is your mountain range. choose your distance and walk in on the primitivo....great trail!

Camino del Baztan. Bayonne to Pamplona.

I'm in a similar position. I've done the Frances end-to end and then Zuberi (day before Pamplona) to Leon (in three sections), also the Ingles. I've seven days walking time in November and am considering doing the Ingles again and carrying on to Finisterre. if you've not dones the Ingles, it's good. very different from the Frances and with only really indigenous infrastructure, very little specifically for peregrinos.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We have completed the Frances and start the ingles on June 2nd. Ryanair fly from Stansted to Santiago. So apart from the hassle of getting to Stansted it's easy

you could do porto-Santiago in a week. You also get a compostela for the San Salvador (Leon-Oviedo), there is your mountain range. choose your distance and walk in on the primitivo....great trail!
Hi, just interested ... do you have stages for a 7 day Porto to SdC? 😃

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi, just interested ... do you have stages for a 7 day Porto to SdC? 😃

Well... only if you're prepared to combine stages on a few occasions, which would make for some very long days. It normally takes at least 10 days. You can see recommended stages and accommodation options here!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back