A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

truenorthpilgrim

"Adventure is Worthwhile" - Aesop
Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances (2016)
C. Finesterre (2016)
Hi all,

Just want to do a quick shout out to Efren Gonzales' youtube channel. Other threads on this forum have mentioned his stellar documentation of his 2017 Camino Frances pilgrimage, capturing magnificent shots with his drone. I personally think it's the best self-documented series out there and binge his videos on the regular. :) He managed to perfectly capture the spirit of the camino, keeping his videos consistent while letting his personality shine through.

He is now walking the Via Francigena and through his youtube channel he is providing daily 1 minute "shots" while on the road. It's a joy to be on the camino in spirit with him again! It's a three month journey and I think he plans to put out longer videos once he is home and able to edit.

Take a gander and enjoy~
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_foCJwTjDnfoMUXxcw6V8g

Camino(s) past & future
April/May 2018
Hi all,

Just want to do a quick shout out to Efren Gonzales' youtube channel. Other threads on this forum have mentioned his stellar documentation of his 2017 Camino Frances pilgrimage, capturing magnificent shots with his drone. I personally think it's the best self-documented series out there and binge his videos on the regular. :) He managed to perfectly capture the spirit of the camino, keeping his videos consistent while letting his personality shine through.

He is now walking the Via Francigena and through his youtube channel he is providing daily 1 minute "shots" while on the road. It's a joy to be on the camino in spirit with him again! It's a three month journey and I think he plans to put out longer videos once he is home and able to edit.

Take a gander and enjoy~
Fully agree. Efren's documentation is a work of art. A marvellously informative and colourful account of his time on the CF and of the sequel at Finisterre.

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
Hi all,

Take a gander and enjoy~
Thanks. I will definitely watch it. I agree with you about his Camino doc. It was great!

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
@John Hawke i can't absolutely reassure you John, but I preceded Efrén by a few weeks and was blogging and found two things made it more and more difficult for the stretch he is on - finally (after over 1000km) meeting other pilgrims in the evenings, and really quite a major lack of wifi in pilgrim accommodation. I found it impossible to keep up with blogging over that stretch.

Camino(s) past & future
May 2016, completed 1/6/2016
(April 2018)
@John Hawke i can't absolutely reassure you John, but I preceded Efrén by a few weeks and was blogging and found two things made it more and more difficult for the stretch he is on - finally (after over 1000km) meeting other pilgrims in the evenings, and really quite a major lack of wifi in pilgrim accommodation. I found it impossible to keep up with blogging over that stretch.
That’s very reassuring.
Thank you & Buen Camino

truenorthpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances (2016)
C. Finesterre (2016)
I'm a follower and contributor to Efren and I've grown concerned as he has not posted in a week. Prior to now it was rare for him to miss even one day. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate hearing.
Buen Camino Efren!
Hey check on the comments on his last video. He is doing fine, just hasn't had time to edit as he's walking with some newly made pilgrim friends. I was a little worried too, but I think all is well.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, SJPP to Finesterre April (2018)
He posted from Rome on Facebook. Good for him. We’re a couple weeks behind him and can’t wait to see his videos when we get back home

truenorthpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances (2016)
C. Finesterre (2016)
He posted from Rome on Facebook. Good for him. We’re a couple weeks behind him and can’t wait to see his videos when we get back home
Ah, good for him! I was thinking he must be very close to Rome by now. I am readying my popcorn, gearing up for his new videos.

Carel5

Camino(s) past & future
2016, Camino Mozarabe - Almeria - Merida
2018, Via Francigena - Gran San Bernardo - Lucca
Efren has reached Rome. These days he is posting his one-minute blogs of the stages he did in the last weeks. We are all waiting for the longer vlogs of the whole Via Francigena, which probably will take him more time to edit.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%