• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Emergency phone number 112

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
It has been mentioned a number of times that the emergency phone number in Europe is 112. It occurred to me to wonder if that would work from my Canada-based phone number, or if I'd have to add some prefix numbers. However, some googling tells me that it will work, so I thought I'd post this in case you were wondering too:
  • The GSM network uses 112 as a world-wide emergency number. When 112 is dialed from a GSM phone, the network will automatically redirect you to the local emergency dispatch, if it’s available.
Good to know.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, useful information for wherever one is travelling.

Yes, useful information for wherever one is travelling.
GSM is far from a worldwide mobile standard. The USA, Japan, a fair proportion of South America, New Zealand, etc, etc have other emergency numbers. Some carriers will download the emergency number information to your phone when you join their network, but I have not had to test this, fortunately, and have no experience of its effectiveness.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum