• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Enough layers Leon to Muxia September

woody66

This is my boy !
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal 2021 Frances Leon/Muxia2023
Hi All!
My only Camino so far was a hot one!
For the September walk this is the gear i was planning to take ; but i wondered if i could ditch the sun shirt and have sufficient layers for the cold!!!
2 x short sleeve merino t shirts (with arm sleeves covert to long)
! x pair of runners sun/arm sleeves
!x long sleeve sun shirt (i don't like shirts i never wear them)
1 x Rab fleece (lightweight )
1x Montbell Versalite rain jacket/wind jacket.
1 x Ghost Whisperer Vest.
Merino liners for my hands if cold
Taking hands free Euroshirm umbrella plus rain kilt.
Thanks in advance Woody

ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi All!
My only Camino so far was a hot one!
For the September walk this is the gear i was planning to take ; but i wondered if i could ditch the sun shirt and have sufficient layers for the cold!!!
2 x short sleeve merino t shirts (with arm sleeves covert to long)
! x pair of runners sun/arm sleeves
!x long sleeve sun shirt (i don't like shirts i never wear them)
1 x Rab fleece (lightweight )
1x Montbell Versalite rain jacket/wind jacket.
1 x Ghost Whisperer Vest.
Merino liners for my hands if cold
Taking hands free Euroshirm umbrella plus rain kilt.
Thanks in advance Woody
Thatā€™s pretty close to what Iā€™ll be using from SJPP to SdC from early October. Iā€™m also bringing a RAB merino base layer with a hood, a beanie, a buff and a sleeping bag to go with the standard liner.
*I also donā€™t like sleeves generally nor long pants but prudence dictates I bring enough coverage.

Thatā€™s similar to the layers I took for Camino Frances September/October 2020. I had
2 short sleeved merino T-shirts
1 very light long sleeved running top
1 light fleece hoodie
Rab Kinetic Plus jacket
Rab Microlight Down Vest
2 pairs of zip off trousers
Rain Kilt
Buff
I did buy hat and gloves in Astorga which came in handy when it snowed on the walk from Rabanal Del Camino to El Acebo.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thatā€™s pretty close to what Iā€™ll be using from SJPP to SdC from early October. Iā€™m also bringing a RAB merino base layer with a hood, a beanie, a buff and a sleeping bag to go with the standard liner.
*I also donā€™t like sleeves generally nor long pants but prudence dictates I bring enough coverage.
I just had what I thought was a scare of melanoma. I went to my dermatologist and it turned out to almost be alot worse. Thankfully it was caught and removed while it was still benign. She told me that I must wear sunscreen every time I go out. She knows I walk the camino and insisted I only wear long pants and long sleeve uv protective shirts. I already do that. I walked the VDLP this way in 2021. Even though I started in late October the temps were over 90F for the first 10 days or so. I didn't feel any hotter without shorts or short sleeve shirt. She told me that she and her colleagues are removing melanomas from 3 or 4 patients every week. I know we are not friends but we have shared some things here on the forum so we are forum friends at least. Please heed the advice. Don't mean to lecture just trying to help. This advice is for all of us.

Iā€™ve got a long sleeve shirt thatā€™s ok in the sun. Especially if I leave the front open. Iā€™ll have zip offs along so those could be the go too. I appreciate the concern for sure! Cheers.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

ā‚¬83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Iā€™ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which Iā€™m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back