• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Eunate opening hours?

Becky 59

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2018, 2021, 2023; CI 2019; CP 2022, 2023
I will be walking from Pamplona next week; can anyone confirm what days/hours the church at Eunate is currently open? My last walk on that stretch in 2021 I recall it was closed 1 or 2 days of the week. Or a website or phone number to check? Many thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fabulous- thanks for posting the website. That’s going to be useful for me too!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Fabulous- thanks for posting the website. That’s going to be useful for me too!
Found it useful the last two years when we were volunteering at albergues on the Aragones. I think this is especially important to understand from this page.

(ACCES0 2024 SANTA MARÍA DE EUNATE)​

The opening of the Church of Santa María de Eunate so that it can be visited over several months, as well as maintaining its surroundings and the expenses of all kinds that the opening causes, requires a great effort on the part of the Parish of Muruzábal – Let us remember that the Villa has less than 300 inhabitants - as well as the small group of volunteers who selflessly collaborate in its conservation, maintenance and care. It should be noted that, for its maintenance, the monument does not receive any subsidy or financial aid from any official entity or body. For this reason, starting in May 2017, it was decided to ask visitors for a small contribution: the ticket they must collect to access the Church . The vast majority of the proceeds from ticket sales go to paying for the staff who serve all visitors. The remainder of the proceeds is completely dedicated to the maintenance, care of the Church, improvement of the environment, facilities and services offered to all people who visit this beautiful monument. In this way we are contributing to preserving heritage for future generations.

Where are the tickets purchased ahead of time in order to have them collected upon entry? Are the open hours listed anywhere? I have read pilgrims on the forum mention that it has often been entirely locked up.

I’ve stopped at Santa Maria de Eunate three times - once as a detour from the Frances and twice at the end of the Aragones - but never been able to visit inside. Still I enjoyed seeing from the outside. A beautiful building in a tranquil setting 🙏

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Where are the tickets purchased ahead of time in order to have them collected upon entry? Are the open hours listed anywhere? I have read pilgrims on the forum mention that it has often been entirely locked up.
See this link for open hours during the months of 2024. I believe there will be someone there during these hours who can provide a ticket.

There is a small separate building which serves as an “office” where you would buy your ticket and get a sello when someone is there. For you Camino buffs, it’s the former albergue building (and no, you cannot stay there nor have a meal though the gathered church folks had some something delicious simmering on the stove when we stopped by in 2018!). I think many people try the church doors and, when they find them locked, move on without checking the office.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back