A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Exchange rates

Camino(s) past & future
(2018)
Hello fellow caminantes I am departing in less than two weeks to walk the CF. What are the exchange rates from the U.S dollar to Euro like along the camino from SJPP to Burgos?

Advertisment

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 05/17 brazo roto Portomarín
Francés 09/17 SJPdP - Santiago
(Portuguese: 09/18)
@california smith not exactly sure about your question, but you may want search the forum "conversion to euros". I have not tried. but I think you may experience some difficulty in actually trying to pay or exchange dollars. In general, I use my ATM card and get out enough euros for several days at a time. Especially if I am going to be in smaller towns. I use my credit card where I can. I have my bank do the conversion for me and always pay in euros. I never ever ask to pay in dollars ... it is an opportunity for some entity to make a buck. My credit card does not have foreign transaction fees, and my ATM fees are reimbursed.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Exchanging currency is often a long involved process, the banks may be closed just when you need them the most, and greenbacks will need a money belt, an emergency stash in your backpack, and some in your wallet for the day by day necessities. Credit cards make life much easier but if you go that way take two - never know when you will forget it in a shop, leave it on the bar, or forget it somewhere else.

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
S Camino Frances 11
J Camino Frances 5
Thetravelingfamily Camino Frances 21
M Camino Frances 7

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%