• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Film "Happiness for beginners" hikers tale.

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Netflix film "Happiness for beginner's" need to be cheered up ? 😄, hiking comedy not bad with some hiking logic.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Watched it last night. Corny but liked it. Poor guide- but it was kind of realistic on the varying skill levels or lack thereof.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I watched the preview. It wasn't for me. However, on a recommendation note for those of you who enjoy a good read while on the Camino: "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, 1998. It can be found on Kindle.
This is a hilarious (American humor) account of an ill-prepared man and his friend attempting to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail (A.T.) in the US.
It is both non-fiction and fiction. CNN, in its review, said it "...was one of the funniest travel books ever written."

I watched the preview. It wasn't for me. However, on a recommendation note for those of you who enjoy a good read while on the Camino: "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, 1998. It can be found on Kindle.
This is a hilarious (American humor) account of an ill-prepared man and his friend attempting to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail (A.T.) in the US.
It is both non-fiction and fiction. CNN, in its review, said it "...was one of the funniest travel books ever written."
Everything Bill Bryson does is fascinating— his details…. His dry wit and humor… it’s too bad he decided to retire… always a pleasure to re-listen to his stuff 👍📚

Everything Bill Bryson does is fascinating— his details…. His dry wit and humor… it’s too bad he decided to retire… always a pleasure to re-listen to his stuff 👍📚
Yes agreed. He is one of Britains favourite Americans, and I think he holds dual citizenship, and for a while was chancellor of my daughters university! A great body of work and his book ‘Notes from a Small Island’ showed he understands British folks better then we do ourselves. He must have loved it though as he settled here!

His insights on the USA ‘Travels in Small Town America’ is fab too.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I like Bill Bryson. I have quite a few of books. I struggle with both this book and the movie as I don't like the way he portrayed his 'friend'. I thought that the book was a lot better than the movie. I preferred the kinda similar book and the movie Wild by Cheryl Strayed, but I have not walked either of those parts. I'd be interested to see what the American thru walkers think.

I like Bill Bryson. I have quite a few of books. I struggle with both this book and the movie as I don't like the way he portrayed his 'friend'. I thought that the book was a lot better than the movie. I preferred the kinda similar book and the movie Wild by Cheryl Strayed, but I have not walked either of those parts. I'd be interested to see what the American thru walkers think.
Agreed… he buddy was portrayed in a weird way… but -you know how friendships go over time—and ppl can be friends for a long time then 💥Take a vacation together-it changes the dynamics a lot—and that’s not even adding in the riggers of doing the AT 🥾🥾🥾-they seemed to come back together in the end… can you imagine his friend carrying all the Fanta 😂😂
I listen to his stuff on Audible-Bill Bryson is a great narrator 🗣️🎤

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back