First Camino - Camino Portugues from Tui - April

Zennor

Jan 26, 2022
UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Apr-May 2022 Portuguese from Tui
Well I've been lurking for ages and learned so much, I thought I should say hello. Until I found this forum, I had no idea there were so many routes and so many people travelling in different ways.

For our first Camino, we are only doing the last 100 km of the Camino Portugues including the Variante Spirituelle organised by a UK travel company, Inntravel, with luggage transfer and staying in small hotels. We've done self-guided walking holidays with them before in Spain and Portugal but shorter distances so we're a little wary but up for the challenge. Inntravel provide walking notes, maps & now gpx files which I've put on to Wikiloc. I realise that most of you are a lot more flexible and don't pre-book etc but we haven't travelled like that for a very long time. I'm hoping after this trip that we'll be more adventurous next time. I've a feeling this will not be our last Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Zennor

Jan 26, 2022
UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Apr-May 2022 Portuguese from Tui
¡Buen camino! I’m sure you’ll have a great adventure. What are the stages that you’re doing?
Thank you!

We actually start walking from O Porriño so

O Porriño - Saramagoso (before Arcade)
Saramagoso - Pontevedra
Pontevedra - Armenteira
Armenteira - Vilanova de Arousa
Vilanova de Arousa - Lestrobe (near Padron) (take boat that day)
Lestrobe - Santiago de Compostela

(with some rest days!)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides