• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino, starting February 23rd, 2022!

• Thread starter Former member 100353
  • Start date
F

Former member 100353

Hola!

My name is Hannah, I'm 25 and from the Netherlands, flying into Pamplona on the 22nd of February and taking a taxi to SJPP from there. I'm planning to start walking the next day, on the 23rd. I'm excited (although also quite nervous) about this new adventure, as I have never done anything like this before!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As Anniesantiago noted you will be walking the Valcarlos route since the Napoleon route is closed in winter. For more re the Valcarlos in winter see this recent earlier post.

Please also read more re winter storms here and the links within this post.

Carpe diem and Buen camino.

Last edited:
Hola!

My name is Hannah, I'm 25 and from the Netherlands, flying into Pamplona on the 22nd of February and taking a taxi to SJPP from there. I'm planning to start walking the next day, on the 23rd. I'm excited (although also quite nervous) about this new adventure, as I have never done anything like this before!
Hannah - You will do fine. This will be your 1st Camino. You will be back for more. You will have tough days, but yearn for them all over again, in your future years. You will meet people who will share more with you in the 1st 5 minutes than they would their best friends at home. Such is the mystique of the Camino. It is a rewarding experience which will shape your life. Ultreia!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola!

Hola Hannah,
I am also starting right around that date! I'm 25m from the US. Send me a DM if you want to talk about fears, worries, anticipation, packing list, being excited! Also my first Camino!!
Mario

Hola!

Good luck!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back