• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

fit to fly lateral flow tests

joey byrne

Time of past OR future Camino
walked 500km in 2019 and am planning on doing whold thing May/June 2020
hi i am going to be walking from Logrono to Leon starting next week and will need to take a fit to fly lateral flow test for my return to the UK at the end of August in Leon-does anyone have any recommendations as to where this can be done in Leon?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Where are you flying back from?

I agree with your judgement that a Lateral Flow test (providing it meets the specificity criteria set out by HMG) is sufficient to return to the UK from Spain; although the ‘recommendation’ is for a PCR test.

you might want to check the criteria on the .gov.uk website.

Where are you flying back from?

I agree with your judgement that a Lateral Flow test (providing it meets the specificity criteria set out by HMG) is sufficient to return to the UK from Spain; although the ‘recommendation’ is for a PCR test.

you might want to check the criteria on the .gov.uk website.
from Madrid-have managed to book a test pre flight at Madrid Airport

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
hi i am going to be walking from Logrono to Leon starting next week and will need to take a fit to fly lateral flow test for my return to the UK at the end of August in Leon-does anyone have any recommendations as to where this can be done in Leon?
I have read that you can pre-order your 'fit to fly' antigen lateral flow test and take with you in your backpack. Look at www.Qured.com for example. You can also pre-book your day 2 PCR test with them for your return to UK.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Look at the UK Gov website on foreign travel as its got a list of recommended providers in the UK from which you can order your test in advance and take it with you to perform in Spain. With confirmation of the result online through your chosen provider of course.

And yes as @davebugg says above, a lateral flow test is all that is (currently) required, despite the recommendation to get a PCR test.

See advice from @Susannah1 above too

Or of course, get a local test if you don't want to take one with you (Edit - I see you have already booked your test)

P.S. I fly out early September

Look at the UK Gov website on foreign travel as its got a list of recommended providers in the UK from which you can order your test in advance and take it with you to perform in Spain. With confirmation of the result online through your chosen provider of course.

And yes as @davebugg says above, a lateral flow test is all that is (currently) required, despite the recommendation to get a PCR test.

See advice from @Susannah1 above too

Or of course, get a local test if you don't want to take one with you (Edit - I see you have already booked your test)

P.S. I fly out early September
But get a free PCR test done when you return to the UK just in case - check out NHS119 - as I was persuaded to do after two -ve lateral flow tests but still having several COVID like symptoms, on the basis that four lateral flow tests are only 0.7 as accurate as a single PCR (quoting from ex-GP and fellow pilgrim here).

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.