• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flight to Dublin

Kennedy1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May & June 2013
Camino Finisterre and Camino Muxia - June 2013
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. I will be flying from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on Sept. 10/2012 to start my Camino. I will be flying into Paris and catching a train to Bayonne and then onto SJPP going to Finisterre. I will be flying out of Dublin back to Canada on Nov.1/2012. I am planning on running the Dublin Marathon on Oct. 29 th. My question is what is the easiest and most inexpensive way to fly from Santiago to Dublin. I hope to leave Santigo on Oct 26 th. I could not find any direct flights. One other question, does anyone know of a good Hostel in the centre of Dublin?

Thank you for any assistance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Kennedy,

It is too late in the year for the direct aerlingus flight SdC to Dublin. Ryanair don't do a direct flight.

However Ryanair have a flight to London Stanstead FL 8379 at 10.00 am arr. Stanstead 11.15 and several flights later in the day to Dublin. The first flight is at €37.99 and the second at €39.99 which together come to just under $60.00 I think.

http://www.Hostelworld.com will give you several hostels in Dublin to choose from

Buen Camino.
Lydia

Investigate Ryanair from Santiago to Madrid and then on to Dublin using skyscanner.net
I managed the Dublin City Marathon in 1983 just under 3hrs. Are you going to run some of Camino?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Lydia I will check out the flights.

Thanks crackmrmac. I checked out Skyscanner and currently the cheapest flight is $418.00 Can. That is a bit more than I was looking to pay. I don't plan on doing a lot of running on the Camino. Just some 5 & 10 km runs if I can get them in. I plan on doing all my long runs before I leave and then hopefully all the daily walking will keep my endurance up. I am not planning on running a real fast marathon. I just want to see a bit of the city and enjoy the experience.

Kennedy

You are allowing time for your walk so you might have days leftover. If so, you could go by bus to Porto and ) fly from there to Dublin on Ryan air..and you'd get to see charming Porto. There is a flight on ryanair that is listed as 79 pounds. I think the bus from santiago to porto is about 4 or 5 hours? not sure. I'd recommend this only if you had a day or so extra to visit porto. Just a thought but the above idea of flying to london stansted and then on to dublin might work best.

In October 2009 I took a bus from SdC to Santander and flew direct from there to Dublin via Ryanair.

Buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for all the suggestions. I took Lydia's advise and booked my flights with Ryanair. It was the quickest way to get to Dublin.

Kennedy

Kennedy1 said:
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. I will be flying from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on Sept. 10/2012 to start my Camino. I will be flying into Paris and catching a train to Bayonne and then onto SJPP going to Finisterre. I will be flying out of Dublin back to Canada on Nov.1/2012. I am planning on running the Dublin Marathon on Oct. 29 th. My question is what is the easiest and most inexpensive way to fly from Santiago to Dublin. I hope to leave Santigo on Oct 26 th. I could not find any direct flights. One other question, does anyone know of a good Hostel in the centre of Dublin?

Thank you for any assistance.
Hi scoopy here, I thought that ryanair flew direct from Santiago, as our plans are to fly back home to Dublin after we have finished our walk in september! if not Dublin then Stanstead in uk and change for the Dublin route.
Loads and loads of good hostels in Dublin, get lists when you arrive, but you will see a list on the internet,also centre and south of river are usually better. Good luck with the marathon, my daughter always runs it!

Scoopy.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back