• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Flying from London

mattyashy

Camino(s) past & future
I've looked at flights from London (all airports). The plan was to fly to A Coruna and fly back from Santiago.

I've read bad reviews about Vueling and also have to return to Stansted with RyanAir.

Gatwick is the easiest and cheapest airport for me to get to. Also, the EasyJet flights to Santiago work out a lot cheaper than doing the multi-city route.

Is it much further/longer/more expensive to get to Ferrol from Santiago than from A Coruna by bus?

Are there any other benefits of flying into Coruna over Santiago?

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
I have flown with Vueling a few times with no problems. If you do decide to fly to Santiago instead getting to Ferrol is straightforward. Take a bus to the Santiago bus station then a Monbus bus directly to Ferrol. About every two hours or so in daytime and quite cheap. Not all that much slower than travelling via A Coruña. www.monbus.es

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, VDLP, Invierno, Portuguese, Madrid, Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan/Aragones/Loyola Norte
I also have used Vueling many times with no problems. There are trains from Santiago to A Coruna. You can find them listed on the Renfe site (Spain's national railway).

Advertisement

Booking.com